AppNexus
www.appnexus.com New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

I love working at AppNexus

ProsThe office is huge, open and encourages collaboration.
The people are smart. I've learned more than I ever thought I could from the people I work with. They are also friendly! People are always socializing in the kitchen, cafe and outside of work.
The work is challenging and the days fly by.
Career Development is taken seriously. My role changed after 6 months of working here and I gained a ton of responsibility.
Knowledge and information sharing is a priority here. Our inboxes are flooded with stats about the company, new ideas people are trying, and communication from management.

ConsIt's hard to say. Growth leads to change and change can be hard at times. That being said, working for a growing company isn't a bad thing at all!

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the company grows it's important to maintain the awesome culture that we currently have.

Unchallenging work for engineers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AppNexus

Pros: AppNexus has a lot of smart people. It has free… Cons: AppNexus is not a startup anymore. The organisation has become very hierarchical and political. Most of the tasks in engineering consist of maintenance. I have 4 years… Advice to Senior Management: Try to keep engineers motivated by allowing them to use their skills and creativity instead of limiting their work scope to code writing. Make sure that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Typical Startup

(Former Employee)

I worked at AppNexus full-time

Pros: Great environment for younger people. Lots of energy. Interesting technology… Cons: Very political and cliquish. Core group of people that came from Right Media that are all buddies. Managers lack experience and threatened by suggestions. Know-it-all… Advice to Senior Management: If your people are working 90 hour weeks you're doing it wrong. Focus on streamlining and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AppNexus.

Worked for AppNexus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AppNexus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AppNexus CEO Brian O'Kelley. All reviews posted anonymously by AppNexus employees.