AppNexus
www.appnexus.com New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

It's pretty awesome, I'm really happy to be here.

New York, NY

ProsThe company's product and trajectory--cutting edge technology, unbelievable company growth, excellent market positioning. It's really exciting to be a part of.

The culture--it's a high-energy work environment, really driven and intelligent coworkers, and a lot of fun. There's still very much a startup feel despite the size of the company (I believe it's over 400 people now and still growing rapidly). The execs walk around the office in hoodies joking with employees and are happy to chat with anyone who stops them. There's still widespread use of Nerf guns and the cornhole boards in the cafe see action pretty frequently. Upper management has also made a significant effort to communicate vision and strategy to all employees, which really helps preserve the small startup feel. There's an entire week dedicated to execs giving presentations to the entire company explaining long term strategy and the reasoning behind it. For the most part they are very candid about everything--feels like there are very few secrets here, which is awesome.

The perks--tons of free stuff. Free breakfast every day, free lunch every Friday and randomly some other days, drinks and snacks (good stuff too: Red Bull, espresso, beef jerky, pita and hummus, mac n cheese, fruit, granola bars, etc.), budget to have fun (I can order in lunch for meetings whenever, take the team out for drinks and other outings and nobody bats an eye about expensing it), and great swag (high quality: American Apparel hoodies, Patagonia bags, etc.).

ConsThe cons are mostly just normal growing pains. The company is expanding so fast that some things haven't caught up to the size yet. Namely, meeting rooms and desk space are getting scare quickly, and there needs to be some more process in place to handle certain things (ad hoc requests that work in a company of 100 don't work as well in a company of 400). Also, because of the hiring rate you're asked to conduct interviews--a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it fun and transparent--our culture is so important in attracting and retaining awesome talent. Keep making a visible effort to address employee concerns and keeping everyone in the loop. Also, order more jerky.

So far so good

New York, NY

I have been working at AppNexus full-time for less than a year

Pros: Employee first mentality Strong belief into educating the employees both internally and externally Continuions effort to improve not only the software & client services… Cons: There is so much knowledge share that it's a bit overwhelming. Lots of emails and meetings pulling you away from work. There is a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Culture, Great People, Incredible Growth and Opportunities

I have been working at AppNexus full-time

Pros: The company is committed to maintaining a dynamic culture as they go thru a tremendous growth spurts. This includes an environment where collaboration and learningis… Cons: Space in the NY office is very cool, but they… Advice to Senior Management: Stay transparent, encourage growth within... Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on AppNexus.

Worked for AppNexus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AppNexus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AppNexus CEO Brian O'Kelley. All reviews posted anonymously by AppNexus employees.