AppNexus
www.appnexus.com New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

Ambitious friendly team, tackling very challenging problems

Engineering Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

ProsVery challenging problems (scale, rapid development, complex problem domain)
Some of the best engineers and execs I every encountered
Rapid growth
Lots of opportunities for growth
Complete transparency about strategy
More emphasis on software engineering practices is very timely.
Recent strategic planning process was grueling but amazingly inclusive. I have never witness exec team involve so many line people in strategic planning.

ConsTight deadline
Sometimes project definitions are not sufficiently precise

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to have fewer meetings
Company is growing very rapidly and responding to changing markets. Execs try very hard to keep everyone in the loop but rank-and-file would benefit from more details and more QA.

smart people, big challenges, great potential

Engineering Manger (Current Employee)

I have been working at AppNexus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: * place is filled with smart, dedicated, friendly people * no shortage on big technical challenges * there are… Cons: * hyper growth comes with lots of growing pains * always… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It's pretty awesome, I'm really happy to be here.

New York, NY

I have been working at AppNexus full-time

Pros: The company's product and trajectory--cutting edge technology, unbelievable company growth, excellent market positioning. It's really exciting to be a part of. The culture--it's a high-energy work… Cons: The cons are mostly just normal growing pains. The company is expanding so fast that some things haven't caught up to the size yet. Namely,… Advice to Senior Management: Keep it fun and transparent--our culture is so important in attracting and retaining awesome talent. Keep making… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on AppNexus.

Worked for AppNexus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AppNexus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AppNexus CEO Brian O'Kelley. All reviews posted anonymously by AppNexus employees.