There are newer employer reviews for AppNexus

Fast-paced huge learning experience at a fast-growing tech company

I have been working at AppNexus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+The people! I get to interact with passionate, driven, intelligent people every single day who are excited to be doing what they are doing. Lots of diverse outside of work interests and clubs too. Work/life balance is valued and we have actually been encouraged to take our vacation days.
+Lots of opportunity to take initiative and move up from entry level positions.
+Open, collaborative atmosphere. If you don't know something, ASK. Everyone is more than happy to share knowledge and help each other learn. There is no such thing as a dumb question.
+Great perks, benefits, and culture.

Cons

-Mainly growing pains...the company has gone from a few people in NYC in 2008 to over 400 worldwide and adding every week. But even so it's been fascinating to be a part of a company that is growing so quickly and the team solving these problems is top notch.

Advice to Management

Maintain the culture and values that have attracted so many brilliant, interesting people to work here in the first place. Yes, more "corporate" structures and systems need to be put in place to make everything run smoothly but that doesn't mean you have to suck the life out of a place--look at other tech companies like Google and Facebook.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Best place I have ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at AppNexus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Incredibly dynamic, smart people who sincerely enjoy what they do (and each other)
    - Great energy in the office; outsiders always comment on the "buzz" they feel just entering the building
    - Many opportunities for growth and advancement; if you have something valuable to contribute, you will have the opportunity to contribute
    Game-changing company (in terms of industry) and feels that way everyday

Cons

- being part of a rapidly-growing company means you have to be flexible and accept change as the organization grows (ie team realignments, new strategies, etc.); not a bad thing for the right person, but something to consider

amazing career and personal growth since working here

Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at AppNexus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The opportunity for career growth here is unparalleled to any other place I've worked. I've built my position from the ground up with nothing but crazy support from my team and the execs. Expectations are certainly tremendous, and the pressure is high with everyone encouraged to give live feedback on performance and how to improve. And for me as a person and a professional, it's exactly what I've been craving in a workplace.

I've also never worked somewhere where I have such great out of work relationships and friendships with my coworkers. Everyone here was so outwardly friendly when I joined, and that camaraderie has continued.

Cons

The hours can be long sometimes and definitely tons of ownership means taking responsibility (and the fall) when things go wrong.