There are newer employer reviews for AppSense

High Potential Company....So Why the Long Face?

I worked at AppSense full-time for more than a year

Pros

Groundbreaking technology, little competition to slow company growth, great developers, great employee base overall.

Cons

Employees are essentially part of a machine that sets unrealistic expectations and constantly reminds them how much they're failing as opposed to nurturing development through positive reinforcement . This culture has been created from the top-down and has led to NUMEROUS high-quality employees exiting the company.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Culture needs a MASSIVE overhaul. But given the CEO's personality and the managers who work under him, many of whom have been groomed to emulate his negativity, that's not about to change anytime soon. So good luck!!!!

48 Other Employee Reviews for AppSense (View Most Recent)

challenging

I worked at AppSense

Pros

there are a few great people still there.

Cons

no career advancement, poor treatment of employees

Friendly and inviting atmosphere, with a good amount of challenge!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I have been working at AppSense part-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone here is friendly and has done nothing but help me in my short time here. I have already been spoken to about the advancement opportunities, and feel like I can actually go somewhere within the company.

Cons

My only challenge has been compressing all the things I need to do into 4 hours a day! I'm working to streamline some processes to make this an easier task, and it has gotten progressively easier. This has been a challenge that has excited me, as I love to increase efficiency and reduce wasted time.

My only advice to management would be to continue what they're doing! So far everything has been running smoothly, despite an interesting on-boarding (with the new office being put together my first week).

There are newer employer reviews for AppSense

Worked for AppSense? Contribute to the Community!