AppSense

www.appsense.com
  www.appsense.com
There are newer employer reviews for AppSense

High Potential Company....So Why the Long Face?

I worked at AppSense full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Groundbreaking technology, little competition to slow company growth, great developers, great employee base overall.

Cons

Employees are essentially part of a machine that sets unrealistic expectations and constantly reminds them how much they're failing as opposed to nurturing development through positive reinforcement . This culture has been created from the top-down and has led to NUMEROUS high-quality employees exiting the company.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Culture needs a MASSIVE overhaul. But given the CEO's personality and the managers who work under him, many of whom have been groomed to emulate his negativity, that's not about to change anytime soon. So good luck!!!!

51 Other Employee Reviews for AppSense (View Most Recent)

challenging

I worked at AppSense

Pros

there are a few great people still there.

Cons

no career advancement, poor treatment of employees

A Great Place To Work

I have been working at AppSense

Pros

Recently I decided to check out opportunities outside the company and boy did it give me perspective. I've been here for a few years and since no company is perfect I thought the grass might be greener somewhere else but it was a real wake-up call. As I was interviewing I had to ask myself what was I looking for in a great company:

-good pay for my work
    -good benefits
    -good manager
    -opportunities to grow and learn new things
    -great people to work with
    -products or services I believe in
    -ethical and transparent leadership

It made me realize I have all of the above at AppSense. I wasn't sure I could say the same across the board for the companies I was interviewing with so the experience was a real eye-opener.

Cons

There is still a divide between the UK and US, which you can see in a few of the negative reviews so that makes collaboration harder. Also working across time-zones can be slow and frustrating.

There are newer employer reviews for AppSense