Spinning your Wheels!

Former Employee - Client Representative in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Client Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at AppStar Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- 2-3 leads per day provided by company
- good income potential presented by HR
- paid Rep for completed sales next day after installed.
- no cost training (training completed by a group training call)
- no charge-backs

Cons

- Bad Leads
- Manager not always available to help close deals (on phone helping other Reps)
- Target customers have been lied to by other companies prior to you trying to close them
- Asked to sale at a high profit margin. I wasn't allowed to get the deal if I had a merchant on the fence!

Advice to Management

Must improve leads! It was clear that some leads were not scrubbed properly. Felt like the call center got credit for booking a lead (Good or Bad). You cannot send a Rep to a location without first confirming the address! I had a number of these type leads. Also had a manager (Freudian slip) tell me that I had to work like hell to get 10 deals/month!!! What? I didn't sign up for 10 deals per month!

reviews filtered by

Not exactly what you think by the job description

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at AppStar Financial part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Appointments set by Corporate. If you get a good manager, it can make all the difference. If you get a jackass that you don't mesh with, ask for a change immediately or get out, you won't get anywhere spinning your wheels with someone like that.

Cons

More than half of the appointments are bogus or have no potential. There's A LOT of driving. Commissions are substantially less than the given examples. Not much chance to have that much profit in a deal which if there was, it would be accurate.

Advice to Management

Tone down your job description and commission calculation examples, they only set everyone up for disappointment and failure. Don't reward the call center for setting bogus appointments.

Fair. They could do a lot more with residual compensation than they do. Difficult products to pitch.

Current Employee - Field Representative
    Current Employee - Field Representative

I have been working at AppStar Financial

Pros

When you can make a sale, the short-term compensation is decent. Independence is great. The money can be good if you hustle and develop your own leads beyond the appointments they give (which you should not rely on). Company support is pretty good, if you produce. An A+ rated company with the BBB, but lots of complaints registered. Better than most processing companies, which are crooked.

Cons

The appointments they give you are usually lousy. Typical week you might have 12 appointments and maybe 3-4 are decent. Products are marked way up compared to the competition. Company is very slow to move with changing technology.

Advice to Management

get with the modern times! develop a decent residual program!