There are newer employer reviews for AppStar Financial

Good introductory experience to sales

Former Employee - Client Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Client Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at AppStar Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

AppStar Financial will train you, provide ongoing sales training and get you started. The rest is up to you. They are great at ongoing support and keeping you on track with your goals.

Cons

It's sales, so there are the typical cons as far as outside sales are concerned. The credit card industry is riddled with people that will flat out lie to get the deal...Beware if you're asked or encouraged to lie or "just don't tell the whole truth."

The only advice that I have is uphold your integrity. Lying only hurts the people out in the field...Bad news travels quickly and thus they don't get any referrals.

12 Other Employee Reviews for AppStar Financial (View Most Recent)

Spinning your Wheels!

Former Employee - Client Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Client Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at AppStar Financial full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- 2-3 leads per day provided by company
    - good income potential presented by HR
    - paid Rep for completed sales next day after installed.
    - no cost training (training completed by a group training call)
    - no charge-backs

Cons

- Bad Leads
    - Manager not always available to help close deals (on phone helping other Reps)
    - Target customers have been lied to by other companies prior to you trying to close them
    - Asked to sale at a high profit margin. I wasn't allowed to get the deal if I had a merchant on the fence!

Must improve leads! It was clear that some leads were not scrubbed properly. Felt like the call center got credit for booking a lead (Good or Bad). You cannot send a Rep to a location without first confirming the address! I had a number of these type leads. Also had a manager (Freudian slip) tell me that I had to work like hell to get 10 deals/month!!! What? I didn't sign up for 10 deals per month!

Not exactly what you think by the job description

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at AppStar Financial part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Appointments set by Corporate. If you get a good manager, it can make all the difference. If you get a jackass that you don't mesh with, ask for a change immediately or get out, you won't get anywhere spinning your wheels with someone like that.

Cons

More than half of the appointments are bogus or have no potential. There's A LOT of driving. Commissions are substantially less than the given examples. Not much chance to have that much profit in a deal which if there was, it would be accurate.

Tone down your job description and commission calculation examples, they only set everyone up for disappointment and failure. Don't reward the call center for setting bogus appointments.

There are newer employer reviews for AppStar Financial