Appature

www.imshealth.com

Work Hard, Play Hard

Software Developer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsAppature recognizes the individual contributions that make the company successful. Every week "kudos" are given from employees of all tiers who are truly thankful for the support they received to do their job the week before. Mistakes are viewed as opportunities for improvement, and the camaraderie that appears when hard problems need to be solved is an amazing thing to behold.

Co-workers have a good rapport with one another. Many can be seen on weeknights or weekends spending time with each other on fun runs, bike trips, trivia nights, beerfests or midnight movie releases. Company events are genuinely a time to relax and cut loose, not an awkward obligation.

ConsAs it is a smaller company, Appature has a hard time establishing itself as an equal partner when it comes to setting expectations for the implementation of its products for its larger customers. This can put an unbalanced amount of stress on customer-facing developers and solutions architects.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to foster a culture where the executives are actively seen in the day-to-day operations of the company. This visibility helps everyone feel like they're on the same team, and get opportunities to ask (and understand) why a disruptive change or difficult request was made.

Progress, not politics

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at Appature full-time

Pros: Appature is a company that was founded to be a great place to work, and lives up to that charter. The company is principled, and… Cons: Appature offers a great deal of opportunity, but it's only accessible to those who have the motivation to seize… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It feels like we are building something unique, both in our product and culture.

(Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at Appature full-time for more than a year

Pros: Appature is a fun, challenging, and satisfying place to work. The people are amazing - very smart, excited to build something great, and fun to… Cons: The demand for Appature Nexus keeps us all very busy - I'd love to find quality people in a shorter time span to grow the… Advice to Senior Management: I know it's challenging as we grow, but stay transparent. Continue to hire people who not only have expertise but also align with our… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Appature.

Worked for Appature? Contribute to the Community!