Appirio

Fun Place to Work

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Appirio full-time for less than a year

Pros

The philosophy of having fun culture and great people to work with cascades all the way down from the top. The CEO and company officers are very approachable, interested in each employee and have a passion for their business. As a new employee I twice was talking to a Founder (we have four people who founded the company) in our break room and didn't realize until afterwards who I was talking to. They are all very genuine people who seem to sincerely care about their employees. Throw in frequent "happy hours", a ping pong table, bike riding (in the office!), great training, competitive salaries, flexible work schedules, the ability to work from home and fun people to work with and you have a great company culture!

Cons

As a small, fast-growing company, we sometimes experience "growing pains." We try to use standardized processes whenever possible, but sometimes (since the company is only 6+ years old) we are inventing things as we go. This happens even in older companies periodically so this isn't really a complaint, just more of an observation. Because of the fast pace of our hiring, I worry too that sometimes new employees aren't given the "white glove" treatment on their first days with us due to the sheer volume of new hires. Again, I'm reaching for some "cons" here so not really worried but just something we need to be cognizant of.

Continue to focus on "controlled growth" so that our quality/culture doesn't suffer as we continue to almost double in size each year.

66 Other Employee Reviews for Appirio (View Most Recent)

Awesome place for to grow while balancing family & fun well too!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than a year

Pros

* AMAZINGly smart people to work with
    * Commitment to having fun at least 8 out of 10 days
    * Fitness reimbursements
    * Rapid growth with quick advancement opportunities
    * Wonderful Community foundation - Silver Lining and company-wide day of service each year
    * Current technology (Macs, Salesforce, Chatter, Social Integration)
    * Regular recognition of team members that go above-and-beyond
    * Seeing team member ideas constantly being implemented

Cons

* Extremely transparent environment can sometimes leave you with too many emails to get through in a week

As you continue to grow, keep the people-focus that truly makes it a great team and a great place to work!

Awesome company to really feel a part of

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Appirio full-time for less than a year

Pros

- very transparent environment, company meetings where 1 per month goes over Q&A from employees on important topics to them
    -Best Place to work in Indiana- #2
    -fun environment that focuses on people and customers
    -no red tape and does not feel hierarchical

Cons

going through some challenges around how to grow rapidly

-Keeping listening to your employees and keep a pulse on the feel of the cutlure and growth

There are newer employer reviews for Appirio

Worked for Appirio? Contribute to the Community!