Appirio Technically Sound but full of Prima Donnas

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Appirio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Latest technology solutions, very bright employees, fun place to work

Cons

Lots of younger folks who do not appreciate the experience or guidance of moreseasoned managers. Also have too many geeky nerds who behave like they are prima donnas.

Advice to Management

Stop letting the super young employees give you guidance on how customer relationships should be managed they may be technically astute but totally off the mark on customer relationship handling.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I've never worked at a single place this long

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management is genuinely doing their best to make the best decisions for the company they can. And they're smart enough that their best doesn't miss much. The bar for consultants is unapologetically high and there is motivation to impress as you employees are surrounded by impressive consultants.

I just read through these reviews and, if I wasn't part of the company and didn't know better, I'd suspect there was a company drive to manipulate this site. But there isn't. Or if there is, then it happened very much on the sly.

Appirio is a great company to work for. If you're exceptional you'll be recognized. If you're growing then you'll be working in fertile soil.

If you get an opportunity to work here then you can consider that you are doing your career a favor. The company is still small enough that exceptional people get noticed at all levels of the organization and you'll get to work on interesting and varied projects.

Cons

Some things don't go the way you want them to. But that happens everywhere.
    Processes are still being worked out. Be a part of that but expect that not every step will be a step forward. But again, that fact comes with all companies open to process optimization.

Advice to Management

So far so good. You're as good a management team as I've ever worked with.

2. Culture is the best

I worked at Appirio full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, transparency, and organizational agility. Very smart colleagues all around you. The offshore team is great and effective. You can float to a different team/focus easily. I really enjoyed working here.

Cons

Career path is what you make of it. Mgmt didn't help me on my professional career ascension. Pay is average and increases are small and far between.