Appirio

www.appirio.com

Good Company Concept-Management needs work

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsYou can work from home
Travel is a Minimual

ConsYou have no control over getting assigned or your assignments and if you are not assigned you get penalized for low utilization

IT support functions (i.e. change enablement) doe not receive the same recognition as the IT strategy and implementation functions

Change enablement/Management function is a joke! Methodology is adhoc at best and the leadership (Management and Directors) are untrained- they often cut and paste presentations and tools from previous projects.

You have very little or no involvement in the kickoff of projects- due to Managers and Sr manager trying to accumulate utilization hours- However, you are responsible to deliver on objectives and promises made that often do not aligned with clients needs.

The culture is a Dictatorship (Chris Barbin) and leaves no room for error and discipline is inconsistent. Everyone is scared they will lose their job. People are often throwing each other under the bus to save their own neck. I have personally witness situations where clients requested individuals (IT) removed from a project and the individual was move to another project and the same thing happened to an individual (IT- support Change Management) and they are let go (off with their head).

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what is right not just what will make you Money or make you look good!

Investigate a situation don't just take one persons word before you act!

Practice what you preach!

A wonderful company, just growing a bit too fast...

Associate Consultant (Former Employee) Austin, TX

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than a year

Pros: Work from home, great teams and leadership. Cons: Growing to fast, not enough work and so whole teams… Advice to Senior Management: Slow the roll.... Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: start up feel, good career opportunities, great clients, work from… Cons: Travel can be on the heavy side, quick growth has… Advice to Senior Management: Promote within, continue to provide forums for employees to excel quickly in their careers. Get feedback from employees with the most tenured employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Appirio.

Worked for Appirio? Contribute to the Community!