Appirio

www.appirio.com
There are newer employer reviews for Appirio

Fun, collaborative environment

I have been working at Appirio full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Big focus on having fun 8 out of 10 days, highly collaborative environment, very intelligent coworkers. Flexible work location is also a huge plus.

Cons

No tuition reimbursement program...seems to not be much of a priority for HR or senior management.

122 Other Employee Reviews for Appirio (View Most Recent)

Good Place to Get Experience...When You're Young and Single

I worked at Appirio full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Transparent culture
    - Yearly conference was cool
    - Interesting and challenging work
    - Some really great people

Cons

- If you're not in corporate office, then good luck getting noticed
    - Lack of career advancement
    - I took a pay cut for this job, which I'll never forgive myself for
    - Way too much travel
    - Most clients are large Fortune 500 companies, which means projects never end and you get burned out!
    - Way too many hours. I usually billed over 40 hours/week plus there was extra work for internal groups. I felt like I was always working and couldn't escape.
    - A vast majority of consultants hired had no previous experience in these applications; thus, those of us who did have extensive experience ended up picking up the slack

Overall, I didn't hate working here at all, I was simply burned out. Had I started working here in my early 20s and had no family life, then I think I would've stayed on longer. Pay your seasoned consultants better, after all, they have the years and experience to prove it and they're the ones that make your implementations successful. I felt like I had no career opportunities or advancement - harness those that have experience and give them an incentive to stay.

The Change Enablement practice is very poor

I worked at Appirio

Pros

The culture of Appirio is good. Many of them are young / early in their careers.

Cons

The Change Enablement practice is poor. It's leadership consists mainly of people from the HR / Recruiting space. They don't have any formal consulting experience, (such as strategy or Big 4 consulting experience). I get the impression that they are looking to "save face" or impress their higher ups, as opposed to adding value for their clients. With that said, you get the impression that they don't have much experience "being on the line" and having lots of client delivery and implementation experience.

Many of the consultants are also mostly HR professionals, so I found that much of the consulting work was diluted.

While I was there, they also restructured the practice without providing a strong case for change. Lastly, many consultants left within a span of several (3) months. In my estimation, the turnover seemed to be at or above 40%.

This practice is poor because the leadership is poor. Change management has done extremely well at a lot of other management and technology consultancies. I think it would be worthwhile to look into this to better examine why.

Appirio Response

Jun 23, 2014Recruiting Manager

Please email me at jbarker@appirio.com if you would be open to speaking with Brianne Thomas who is the HR Partner for the Change team to share more feedback as a former team member as we always ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Appirio