There are newer employer reviews for Appirio

Fun, collaborative environment

I have been working at Appirio full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Big focus on having fun 8 out of 10 days, highly collaborative environment, very intelligent coworkers. Flexible work location is also a huge plus.

Cons

No tuition reimbursement program...seems to not be much of a priority for HR or senior management.

reviews filtered by
  1. Best company I've ever worked for. They are transparent and open about anything you want to know.

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Appirio full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I get to work from home and travel. Everyone is super smart and has a great story to tell. You won't find an uninteresting person in the bunch.

Cons

As with any consulting job, if you don't like to travel and you don't like doing new things and being challenged all the time - this job is not for you.

Onward! Oh and more bobble heads!

Good Place to Get Experience...When You're Young and Single

I worked at Appirio full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Transparent culture
    - Yearly conference was cool
    - Interesting and challenging work
    - Some really great people

Cons

- If you're not in corporate office, then good luck getting noticed
    - Lack of career advancement
    - I took a pay cut for this job, which I'll never forgive myself for
    - Way too much travel
    - Most clients are large Fortune 500 companies, which means projects never end and you get burned out!
    - Way too many hours. I usually billed over 40 hours/week plus there was extra work for internal groups. I felt like I was always working and couldn't escape.
    - A vast majority of consultants hired had no previous experience in these applications; thus, those of us who did have extensive experience ended up picking up the slack

Overall, I didn't hate working here at all, I was simply burned out. Had I started working here in my early 20s and had no family life, then I think I would've stayed on longer. Pay your seasoned consultants better, after all, they have the years and experience to prove it and they're the ones that make your implementations successful. I felt like I had no career opportunities or advancement - harness those that have experience and give them an incentive to stay.

There are newer employer reviews for Appirio