There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Great company, but thinking different discouraged

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Apple

Pros

To a large extent, Apple is amazing. I was within the tech support call center management, and both my employees and my coworkers were brilliant and amazing. The "bosses" tend to also be great people, with an occasional (albeit notable) exception. They do respect work/life balance, and there's a hefty program for development in terms of you career within the company. On the corporate side, there's also intangible benefits like "casual attire" (namely, don't come to work naked), monthly parties (with and without alcohol), an on-site gym, etc.

Cons

The biggest problem I found was that the dedication to secrecy that Apple is known for is disseminated down to the lowest positions. There were multiple times were we weren't given enough information to adequately prepare for our jobs, or prepare for product releases. I also found that if you wanted to give feedback to decision-makers, your feedback was generally treated like you were a cute child, with a head-pat as they sent you along your way. Sometimes it felt like Apple was torn between wanting to reinvent the wheel every time a new decision came up, and going with a super-corporate, super-strict method that works in other companies, but not with the type of person that Apple has historically hired.

Advice to Management

My biggest piece of advice to management would be to not only solicit feedback from employees, but actually listen to it. Even if it costs a bit more money to implement the feedback, the benefit of happy employees will vastly increase their productivity, and decrease the turnover. In short, don't just pay lip service to employee feedback. Also, when making decisions that fundamentally alter peoples' lives, whether it be their day-to-day lives (such as their work schedule), or their lives as a whole (changing benefits, etc.), give people plenty of advanced warning. At least two months is needed for even fairly minor day-to-day life changes.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Awesome place to work coolest technologies on earth

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Excellent colleagues
    Immense growth
    Cool technologies
    Nice projects
    Can switch to various teams

Cons

No free lunches, gym etc.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great work !!

Apple is a fast growing, fast developing company that inspires employees and customers to be better all around.

Current Employee - Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Specialist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The people are great, the atmosphere is enticing, the product is desirous, and the job is fun. I am a people person and a tech nerd and love getting paid to talk about a product that I love and provide great service to people that I know will find value in what I do and the product they buy. The company is at the forefront of technology and has endless potential with an increasing customer base. Great company to work for and work with as I develop myself and do my best to help my peers grow too.

Cons

Biggest con is the fact that its retail, not always the best hours, but management works with us for our schedule.
    Not enough time in the day to develop myself in order to progress from position to position because the traffic is so heavy. I need to take more initiative in this area however. Could find some ways to help retail employees have more incentive: free products or fun, non-customer affected contests (not suggesting commission, but metric based things...?)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue to encourage us to develop and pursue what we want out of this company!