Fantastic place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Engineers at Apple get to make real contributions that will benefit tens or hundreds of millions of people everyday. That's awesome. Everyone makes substantial contributions to one or more products. I think incredibly highly of all of my co-workers. They do some of the best engineering work I've seen anywhere.

Cons

Products go out the door on a schedule. Those schedules can be aggressive. If you can't deliver, you are left behind.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

a good place to work hard

Former Employee - Intern in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple

Pros

a company that everyone loves: the world will cheer you just because you wear that badge
    great products, with a focus on perfection - you are constantly pushed to do better
    a dynamic work environment: everyone's contributions are valued

Cons

long work hours, probably too long at times
    the focus on perfection can become stressful when deadlines approach
    secrecy all around the place: you can know a lot about what goes on in your group, but anything beyond that is a mystery

2. Enriching Lives

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The atmosphere in the store is unlike any other. Not only that, but the amazing collection of personalities, minds and atitudes that make up the Apple family make it impossible to enjoy yourself while working. Putting smiles on a persons face after showing them something new is just an amazing feeling. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Cons

The only downside of working at Apple is the fact that I have to go home at the end of the day. I honestly love this company.

Advice to Management

The management team at Apple are the most supportive I've ever had the pleasure working with. At previous jobs, I always felt somewhat daunted when approaching management. I used to feel that managers didn't care about me. But my sentiments have changed. At this company, the management team feels almost like the advisory feeling you would get from a grandparent. They're calm, understanding and caring. If every company operated at a fraction of the way Apple does then the world would be a different place.