I have had a lot of fun, have learned a lot and working at Apple has definitely been a great experience.

Current Employee - Family Room Specialist  in  Salem, NH
Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Salem, NH

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Apple provides their employees with great growth opportunities. The management lets you achieve and develop on your own, without pushing or prodding you into roles you don't necessarily want. They expect you to own your own development and to push yourself to be better.

Cons

While Apple pays better relative to other retail environments, considering Apple's massive cash assets and the knowledge their employees are expected to display, I would expect them to compensate their employees somewhat better. Apple's attitude on the matter is that their work environment is an "experience" which is as rewarding as cash compensation. While I understand and appreciate the value of this work environment, you can't pay the bills with "experience."

I would consider compensating employees better. I have seen far too many extremely talented and dedicated people leave Apple simply because another position pays much better.

Other Reviews for Apple

Exciting, Developing and Challenging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

It is a great place full of innovation and smart people. A great place to learn and grow as an engineer.

Cons

The pay is not as high as I believe it should be. The work can be a bit stressful.

Fantastic place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Engineers at Apple get to make real contributions that will benefit tens or hundreds of millions of people everyday. That's awesome. Everyone makes substantial contributions to one or more products. I think incredibly highly of all of my co-workers. They do some of the best engineering work I've seen anywhere.

Cons

Products go out the door on a schedule. Those schedules can be aggressive. If you can't deliver, you are left behind.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!