Apple

www.apple.com
  www.apple.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

I have had a lot of fun, have learned a lot and working at Apple has definitely been a great experience.

Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Salem, NH
Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Salem, NH

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Apple provides their employees with great growth opportunities. The management lets you achieve and develop on your own, without pushing or prodding you into roles you don't necessarily want. They expect you to own your own development and to push yourself to be better.

Cons

While Apple pays better relative to other retail environments, considering Apple's massive cash assets and the knowledge their employees are expected to display, I would expect them to compensate their employees somewhat better. Apple's attitude on the matter is that their work environment is an "experience" which is as rewarding as cash compensation. While I understand and appreciate the value of this work environment, you can't pay the bills with "experience."

I would consider compensating employees better. I have seen far too many extremely talented and dedicated people leave Apple simply because another position pays much better.

4107 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Amazing

Current Employee - Manager in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Apple

Pros

I get to learn more about Technology more, and of course I get to use or see never seen before stuff..

Cons

Well..There's almost nothing..But if I need to choose sometimes or usually there is so many people that comes in so that it is really hard..

I think it is always smiling.. being nice..Just be in a good mood so that customers will be happy too

Love Apple to death, but promotions are unfairly dealt with.

Current Employee - Specialist in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Specialist in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Apple is Apple. Working there and garnering your blue tee shirt is enough to make anyone jealous. It is extremely hard to get a job here, but once you're in, it's the best.

Cons

Apple is Apple, but retail is not exactly what you'd think. You're either literally offered promotions, or you're not. You can work as hard as you can, and magically, people with lesser experience will be promoted before you. If you can be among the magically promoted few, all the more power to you. If you're not, you will definitely know.

Leadership needs to take experience and overall knowledge into account when deciding promotions and hires. There is not a process for promoting from within. I have been at Apple for two years, and I have not seen a clear way to be seen by management as someone worth promoting.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple