There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Setup for success

Current Employee - Data Analyst  in  Elk Grove, CA
Current Employee - Data Analyst in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The company is innovative, the corporate culture is amazing. You are truly setup for success when you start working there. I have found that management is open and ready to help.

Cons

Things can get stressful we're a company who releases new products constantly and you have to be up on the latest technology all the time.

Getting my job at Apple made the day the last company I worked for laid me off the best day of my life.

3759 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

All employees are over-qualified and stuck working there, due to Apple's hiring process based on personality.

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Apple

Pros

It is a prestigious place to work because the best personalities are hired on.

Cons

Retail hierarchy, the corporation holding a carrot in front of your nose incessantly. Laughable wages, and even more bitingly hilarious system for raises.(not based on individual performance and is only once a year. Best wage increase being $.50-$.75 to hope for.)

It is actually impossible to be promoted to management as a Specialist because all the hiring is done based on personality. Managers have entirely different personalites as Specialists, so a Specialist could never aspire towards it; one cannot change their own personallity.

Great Coworkers, Good Pay/Benefits, Alright Management, Terrible Communication.

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in New York, NY

I worked at Apple

Pros

If you are an artist, at all creative or just like socializing, Apple is a great place to work. The coworkers there will definitely become some of your best friends, and most customers are pretty cool too. Considering it's a non-commission based sales position the pay is very good too.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a serious amount of brown nosing and hoop jumping to get any sort of vertical growth within the company. Management can be distant or downright lazy. Corporate dictates many stupid rules that don't always make sense for individual stores.

Honestly the best advice to give to management is to actually get to know all of your employees, and poll opinions from everyone to get the best idea of who your people actually are, not just how they act when management is around.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!