Setup for success

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Elk Grove, CA
Current Employee - Data Analyst in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The company is innovative, the corporate culture is amazing. You are truly setup for success when you start working there. I have found that management is open and ready to help.

Cons

Things can get stressful we're a company who releases new products constantly and you have to be up on the latest technology all the time.

Advice to Management

Getting my job at Apple made the day the last company I worked for laid me off the best day of my life.

reviews filtered by

A menial job that is perfect for those who are quick to drink the "Kool Aid". Looks good on one resume though.

Former Employee - Specialist in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Specialist in Allentown, PA

I worked at Apple

Pros

-Apple (corporate) is "hands down" the most innovative and intelligent IT company in the world.
    -Looks great on the resume (have to not include the retail part.)
    -Decent product discount on computers and ipods (no iphone)
    -health care after 1 year of part time service.
    -cool to talk about technology all day and get paid.
    -great college job

Cons

-Low pay
    -low respect
    -Depressingly dead end
    -There is a perpetuated story that retail employees will have chances to move to corporate, this is pure fiction.

-Full of "failed to launch" art school alumni
    -It is easier for unexperienced outsiders to be put into management positions than current employees.

-the GAP-ple retail joke is true

Advice to Management

Allow the ground troops to move within the company. There is a lot of genuine talent in retail, but it all leaves when better jobs come around. Low pay really exacerbates this.

-To Stop the leaks at the bottom, allow upward expansion.

Great Coworkers, Good Pay/Benefits, Alright Management, Terrible Communication.

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in New York, NY

I worked at Apple

Pros

If you are an artist, at all creative or just like socializing, Apple is a great place to work. The coworkers there will definitely become some of your best friends, and most customers are pretty cool too. Considering it's a non-commission based sales position the pay is very good too.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a serious amount of brown nosing and hoop jumping to get any sort of vertical growth within the company. Management can be distant or downright lazy. Corporate dictates many stupid rules that don't always make sense for individual stores.

Advice to Management

Honestly the best advice to give to management is to actually get to know all of your employees, and poll opinions from everyone to get the best idea of who your people actually are, not just how they act when management is around.