Setup for success

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Elk Grove, CA
Current Employee - Data Analyst in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The company is innovative, the corporate culture is amazing. You are truly setup for success when you start working there. I have found that management is open and ready to help.

Cons

Things can get stressful we're a company who releases new products constantly and you have to be up on the latest technology all the time.

Advice to Management

Getting my job at Apple made the day the last company I worked for laid me off the best day of my life.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Cog in the wheel

Former Employee - Named Accounts Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Named Accounts Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Apple

Pros

Best benefits out there, the discount is pretty slick and hey, you work for Apple.

Cons

I worked retail at Best Buy and didn't feel so much as a cog as I did at Apple. In retail, you can progress quickly and do well and be recognised. At Apple Corporate, I knew people who'd been in the same middle-management job for 15 years. In a company growing at the rate of Apple, that's frightening. Couple that with the compartmentalisation within Apple and it's hard to move around or up. People get too specialised and therefore, stuck.

2. Fantastic place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Engineers at Apple get to make real contributions that will benefit tens or hundreds of millions of people everyday. That's awesome. Everyone makes substantial contributions to one or more products. I think incredibly highly of all of my co-workers. They do some of the best engineering work I've seen anywhere.

Cons

Products go out the door on a schedule. Those schedules can be aggressive. If you can't deliver, you are left behind.