Apple

Enriching Lives

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The atmosphere in the store is unlike any other. Not only that, but the amazing collection of personalities, minds and atitudes that make up the Apple family make it impossible to enjoy yourself while working. Putting smiles on a persons face after showing them something new is just an amazing feeling. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Cons

The only downside of working at Apple is the fact that I have to go home at the end of the day. I honestly love this company.

The management team at Apple are the most supportive I've ever had the pleasure working with. At previous jobs, I always felt somewhat daunted when approaching management. I used to feel that managers didn't care about me. But my sentiments have changed. At this company, the management team feels almost like the advisory feeling you would get from a grandparent. They're calm, understanding and caring. If every company operated at a fraction of the way Apple does then the world would be a different place.

4108 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Setup for success

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Elk Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The company is innovative, the corporate culture is amazing. You are truly setup for success when you start working there. I have found that management is open and ready to help.

Cons

Things can get stressful we're a company who releases new products constantly and you have to be up on the latest technology all the time.

Getting my job at Apple made the day the last company I worked for laid me off the best day of my life.

A menial job that is perfect for those who are quick to drink the "Kool Aid". Looks good on one resume though.

Former Employee - Specialist in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Specialist in Allentown, PA

I worked at Apple

Pros

-Apple (corporate) is "hands down" the most innovative and intelligent IT company in the world.
    -Looks great on the resume (have to not include the retail part.)
    -Decent product discount on computers and ipods (no iphone)
    -health care after 1 year of part time service.
    -cool to talk about technology all day and get paid.
    -great college job

Cons

-Low pay
    -low respect
    -Depressingly dead end
    -There is a perpetuated story that retail employees will have chances to move to corporate, this is pure fiction.

-Full of "failed to launch" art school alumni
    -It is easier for unexperienced outsiders to be put into management positions than current employees.

-the GAP-ple retail joke is true

Allow the ground troops to move within the company. There is a lot of genuine talent in retail, but it all leaves when better jobs come around. Low pay really exacerbates this.

-To Stop the leaks at the bottom, allow upward expansion.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple