Apple

www.apple.com
  www.apple.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Hope you drink the cool aid

Current Employee - Specialist in Thornton, CO
Current Employee - Specialist in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Apple is one of the most innovative companies in the world. Being part of it is fun and interesting. Every day I learn something new and amazing about mac computers and devices. Full time benifits are great.

Cons

You have to completely buy into to the "Apple Speak" if you want to move up in the company. They say we are not a numbers driven company, but when it comes to promotions and pay raises you are partially based on those numbers. Also if you don't hit the numbers you get hassled about how you can position it better. Also to move up, they expect you to take on much more responsibility with out pay bumps or promotions. For example a sales specialist will be expected to order things for the break room. Incoming specialist get paid around $11 an hour with out commission. in a 6 month period I alone brought in $250,000 to the company. At a 1% commission that's $2,500! Plenty of people hit $1 million for the year!

I was up for a promotion to an FRS position, I was by far the most qualified. The manager told me that "You haven't paid the price of admission." After being with the company for a year, pulling long hours doing overnights and launches, I haven't paid the price of admission? All because I am not going to grand stand my accomplishments, and because I am not willing to sell One To One to people who don't need it. We are supposed to be thinking about our customers, but the managers at my store only have the numbers on their mind.

4098 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Apple is a horrible place to work if you love the product.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Apple

Pros

Great access to new and cool technology. Great to work with young people my age and share knowledge. Fantastic if you like helping people through problems or teaching them how to use their devices.

Cons

Horrible management structure. Some "Specialists" are not keen on the techno lingo...which creates problems for the "smart" ones in the store that end up fixing mistakes for everyone. No flexibility in management rules.

Be open and honest. No caddy bs. And please be on the same page. It is very annoying to play the "mom vs dad" game when trying to help out a customer.

9 years of running wind sprints

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Columbia, MD

I worked at Apple

Pros

Wonderful to be a part of growing the most fantastic retail company in the world. Good benefits, health, and discounts, and fun teamwork.

Cons

High stress, moved from store to store many many times. They would raise the bar of how much we were to do and then level off for a bit and then raise the bar again... this was repeated many times in a year. Continual change... daily change... constantly changing gears.

There were amazing managers there, but some were just not. The stress was overwhelming and some knew how to diffuse it and work WITH a team but others just let it fester within.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple