There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Not flexible or understanding.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Pays enough. Really customer oriented. I really value my time with each customer trying to help them out with their needs.

Cons

Could pay more. Needs to be more sympathetic to full time students. They are terrible with being flexible with school schedules. The sheer amount of employees can be overwhelming. I feel like I'm in high school again. The type of employees Apple attracts can be annoying as well. If I wanted to go to Williamsburg to see a bunch of hipsters, I would have.

Advice to Management

Pay is what any retail store in the city SHOULD be. So, the fact that Apple is doing rather well lately the pay could be higher. If an employee shows interest in growing within the company and looks to move into corporate using his education, listen and help them out so that can happen.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

All employees are over-qualified and stuck working there, due to Apple's hiring process based on personality.

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Apple

Pros

It is a prestigious place to work because the best personalities are hired on.

Cons

Retail hierarchy, the corporation holding a carrot in front of your nose incessantly. Laughable wages, and even more bitingly hilarious system for raises.(not based on individual performance and is only once a year. Best wage increase being $.50-$.75 to hope for.)

Advice to Management

It is actually impossible to be promoted to management as a Specialist because all the hiring is done based on personality. Managers have entirely different personalites as Specialists, so a Specialist could never aspire towards it; one cannot change their own personallity.

a good place to work hard

Former Employee - Intern in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple

Pros

a company that everyone loves: the world will cheer you just because you wear that badge great products, with a focus on perfection - you are constantly pushed to do better a dynamic work environment: everyone's contributions are valued

Cons

long work hours, probably too long at times the focus on perfection can become stressful when deadlines approach secrecy all around the place: you can know a lot about what goes on in your group, but anything beyond that is a mystery