There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Love Apple to death, but promotions are unfairly dealt with.

Current Employee - Specialist  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Current Employee - Specialist in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Apple is Apple. Working there and garnering your blue tee shirt is enough to make anyone jealous. It is extremely hard to get a job here, but once you're in, it's the best.

Cons

Apple is Apple, but retail is not exactly what you'd think. You're either literally offered promotions, or you're not. You can work as hard as you can, and magically, people with lesser experience will be promoted before you. If you can be among the magically promoted few, all the more power to you. If you're not, you will definitely know.

Leadership needs to take experience and overall knowledge into account when deciding promotions and hires. There is not a process for promoting from within. I have been at Apple for two years, and I have not seen a clear way to be seen by management as someone worth promoting.

3758 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

It's a great place to work, but hard to advance to career positions.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lyndhurst, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lyndhurst, OH

I have been working at Apple

Pros

I know I'm lucky to say I truly enjoy my job. The work is fun. It's great, because we're always busy, which means there no boring lulls. Customers can sometimes be "needy", but the majority are great. Management keeps things fun.

Cons

It's hard to advance in the store, but thats a compliment (in a way) to Apple (for choosing good employees).

It really brings down employee morale when external candidates are chosen for promotions, over employees who have put in a decent amount of time and deserve a promotion.

Wonderful

Current Employee - Creative (Apple Store)  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Creative (Apple Store) in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Apple

Pros

It is the greatest place to work in the world

Cons

The number of people who come to the Apple Store is sometimes overwhelming.

None

There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!