Apple

www.apple.com

Things aren't as great as they seem from the outside.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe people I work with are the redeeming quality about this job. Without having great co-workers, it wouldn't be manageable. The benefits are also fantastic.

ConsThe amount of stress and over crowding that goes on in the store because it's so small and we have so much influx of clients on top of the amount of employees is a bit much. Corporate keeps denying a bigger store but we break fire code daily. All of this on top of angry customers makes for a very poor workplace. They seem to hire whoever for whatever. Experience doesn't matter and new hires tend to get paid more than the people who have been there for years.
They hold so much emphasis on growth and helping you to move up in the company but they do nothing to back it up, mostly because they are always "too busy."

Advice to Senior ManagementFocusing on what is said will be done would be a huge improvement. Having the store leader work in the store I think would give them a better idea of how things really are. As business increases and cost of living goes up a pay increase to help keep the employees happy would go a long way.

I learned quite a bit of information and how to talk to people, but raises and promotions after 3 were next to nothing.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

I worked at Apple

Pros: People seem to respect the fact that you work for Apple. Apple trains its employees how to communicate well with people. Diverse people to work… Cons: Even though I had a very high percentage of sales in certain areas and they gave me praise I never got promoted. One reason stated… Advice to Senior Management: Don't hire people off the streets when someone has been working in the store and is qualified for the position/promotion. Promote with-in when employees are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Cog in the wheel

Named Accounts Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

I worked at Apple

Pros: Best benefits out there, the discount is pretty slick and… Cons: I worked retail at Best Buy and didn't feel so much as a cog as I did at Apple. In retail, you can progress quickly… More
There are newer reviews on Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!