Apple

www.apple.com
  www.apple.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Loved the company, wished for better balance

Former Employee - Engineer in Cupertino, CA
Former Employee - Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple

Pros

Just being able to say that I worked at Apple was pretty cool. Work was interesting and challenging. Didn't really have time to take a breath between projects. I liked the feeling of achieving some pretty hefty goals in a heroic time frame. Great sense of accomplishment. Good to see things that I have worked on be successful in the marketplace.

Cons

Biggest challenge was balancing work and home life. The pace of the company is better suited to people in the early part of their career. As someone who now has a young family, career has taken a back seat. Unfortunately, I couldn't balance my changing priorities with my job. I would love to be back at Apple, but I cherish being able to have dinner with my kids every night.

I still love Apple. Just wished there was a better way to have a balanced life and work at this company.

4110 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

A great temp job while aligning your career opportunities.

Former Employee - Business Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Business Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Apple

Pros

Great customer service training.
    Great benifits (health, etc.)

Cons

Very low wages. Promotion opportunities are more titles than wage or salary.

consider long range opportunities and offer competitive wages and salaries.

Good learning experience, but don't expect to get paid what your worth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

You will learn a lot regarding Apple's software and hardware, coworkers are generally very nice people, and Apple does have a very innovative retail operation.

Cons

The pay is a joke, especially given how much information they expect you to know, the metrics they use to measure job performance are flawed and provide an incomplete picture at best, some managers are nice, but others are a nightmare to work for and will nitpick you to death over insignificant details.

Pay your retail employees what they are worth! It's ridiculous that you horde over $100 billion in profits while under-paying your retail employees, especially given all that you expect from them. I made more money 10 years ago as a cashier where much less was expected from me than I do working for Apple.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple