There are newer employer reviews for Apple

The most amazing experience of my career.

Current Employee - Market Leader  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Market Leader in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Never a dull moment.
A culture of driven performers who refuse to see obstacles in their way as being limiting, while they push Apple forward.
Feels like a family at times, because of how hard everyone works and how closely aligned we all are to the vision.
Constant innovation begets constant change.
Work closely with an incredibly talented and motivated group of people.
A chance to change the course of the world through technology.

Cons

Limited to no work life balance, despite Apple's claim to endorse such a balance.
There is an endless amount of work, and it feels like there is never a quiet moment.
As a culture, Apple doesn't look back, which can make it difficult as there is rarely ever a moment where your past contributions are acknowledged.
You always have deficiencies in your individual performance. When you are able to sort those out, there is little acknowledgement that you accomplished addressing them beforyou are given more to sort out. It feels like an endless process, that can de-motivate.
Culture shift following the passing of Steve Jobs was palpable; the hard-charging 'pirate era' gave way to the staid corporate era, where audits are common and individual creativity is discouraged.
Retail Senior Lederahip positions are being filled with big-box veterans, who have little to no ability to generate creative ideas and solutions to leadership and management challenges, beyond the bad habits and limited thinking that they used to eek through previous employment.

Don't lose track of the vision; don't be so panicked about the rapid growth that you neglect the individuals within the organisation who could, with proper mentoring, play a more significant role in developing Apple and settle for recruiting talent from outside organisations who bring the baggage of their previous experiences to bear on what should be new and pure thinking. If we are trying to innovate, reliance on the failed past ideas of lesser companies will not get us there.

3720 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Great Company

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in New York, NY

I worked at Apple

Pros

Amazing Culture, thrives on innovation and expression. Placed emphasis on offering solutions rather than selling items. Apple Discounts. Great People.

Cons

24 Hour Store meant that scheduling conflicts were bound to happen. Some people use the display computers like an internet cafe

There are plenty of amazingly talented people that work at Apple, yet, the lack of room for lateral moves within the company's business segments lead me to employment elsewhere.

#1 best place to be

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

good vibe, great people, plenty of room for personal growth and development, additional perks

Cons

retail can be a stressful place

Continue to promote, encourage and develop great leaders from within. Knowing that the company is growing and changing and realizing that I can be a huge part in the company's future is a great motivator for me and the people I lead.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!