There are newer employer reviews for Apple

I feel I am perceived by others as a minor celebrity due to my Apple association

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The respect I feel for the organization's business practices/innovative products, the respect Apple has for its customers/employees/global responsibilities, great benefits, great working environment, Apple is just cool..

Cons

I have to drive 45 miles to work

Advice to Management

Feedback is not intended as a substitute for a training program

0 reviews filtered by

Fantastic place to work!

Current Employee - Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Awesome people and a fun environment to work in. The energy is positive and the management is supportive of personal growth and professional development. The benefit package is superb.

Cons

It is still a retail environment and any role you take in the store you will still be working retail type hours.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The training and development time is a huge plus. The team building makes it a great place to be.

The most amazing experience of my career.

Current Employee - Market Leader in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Market Leader in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Never a dull moment.
    A culture of driven performers who refuse to see obstacles in their way as being limiting, while they push Apple forward.
    Feels like a family at times, because of how hard everyone works and how closely aligned we all are to the vision.
    Constant innovation begets constant change.
    Work closely with an incredibly talented and motivated group of people.
    A chance to change the course of the world through technology.

Cons

Limited to no work life balance, despite Apple's claim to endorse such a balance.
    There is an endless amount of work, and it feels like there is never a quiet moment.
    As a culture, Apple doesn't look back, which can make it difficult as there is rarely ever a moment where your past contributions are acknowledged.
    You always have deficiencies in your individual performance. When you are able to sort those out, there is little acknowledgement that you accomplished addressing them beforyou are given more to sort out. It feels like an endless process, that can de-motivate.
    Culture shift following the passing of Steve Jobs was palpable; the hard-charging 'pirate era' gave way to the staid corporate era, where audits are common and individual creativity is discouraged.
    Retail Senior Lederahip positions are being filled with big-box veterans, who have little to no ability to generate creative ideas and solutions to leadership and management challenges, beyond the bad habits and limited thinking that they used to eek through previous employment.

Advice to Management

Don't lose track of the vision; don't be so panicked about the rapid growth that you neglect the individuals within the organisation who could, with proper mentoring, play a more significant role in developing Apple and settle for recruiting talent from outside organisations who bring the baggage of their previous experiences to bear on what should be new and pure thinking. If we are trying to innovate, reliance on the failed past ideas of lesser companies will not get us there.