Apple

www.apple.com
  www.apple.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Best place I have ever worked!

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Great Pay/Benefits, wonderful opportunity for growth.

Cons

Crazy pace, need for secrecy sometimes means doing work twice when changes happen in schedule or releases.

4003 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

A great experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

You are part of a team where you learn many valuable skills that will benefit your personal and professional career, whether or not you decide to stay with the company or take another path.

Cons

There are often times where things are very busy, and when this happens sometimes one might deal with aggravated customers--this environment is not for everyone.

Disappointing, discouraging, but still hard to leave.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

I have been working at Apple

Pros

People are definitely the biggest pro to working here. Apple has the tendency to hire amazing people (unless they do a mass hiring event) and the family atmosphere is definitely there. Even if leadership is continually fostering negativity, your friends are always there and you can't let them down despite being discouraged.
    The benefits are also good. They've drastically improved the part time benefits and they're much more affordable.

Cons

The pay for what's expected of you is low.
    Of course, the schedule isn't the best but it's retail- you go in knowing this.
    Management (at least in this specific location) is extremely discouraging. I've been in two other locations and never experienced this. Almost everyone (and I mean everyone- I have positive relationships with about 90% of the staff, neutral with the rest, which consists of leadership and new hires I don't know yet) expresses disappointment with their interactions, lack of real acknowledgement and recognition, and leaderships' focus on negativity. If you have a heartfelt opinion that you think would benefit the team and the business (which I vividly remember Apple as a culture ENCOURAGING THIS) you're beaten down- they accuse you of being negative, lacking social tact (quoted- seriously!) and any chances for advancements quashed. The leadership team picks favorites and fosters this strange environment that makes you feel unwelcome, muffled and worthless. They seem to not like older people, particularly ladies- which I think is due to the feelings of one manager specifically who is quite obviously a misogynist. They also have a habit of creating their own policies outside of Apple corp's HR rules, such as vacations not exceeding 12 days (even though you can take up to 14. Almost everyone that's been there at least 8-12 months is leaving or actively pursuing opportunities elsewhere.

You're leadership. You're not managers. Treat your team like a team, not like employees. If there are REAL concerns, acknowledge them. LEARN THE BUSINESS. Know all the processes- don't run to the same people you put down and insulted in the office with the door shut 15 minutes prior to do something for you because you don't know how or are too lazy. Manager presence on the floor does not equal micromanaging. So stop, it's insulting. We are all doing our jobs! Net promoter and sales says so!
    When you are interviewing managers locally, INTERVIEW THEIR CURRENT OR FORMER EMPLOYEES AS WELL. Anyone that's worked with our current senior manager pities the team and where it's going with him in place.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple