Apple

www.apple.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Mostly fun place to work, Made many new friends.

Former Employee - Genius in Troy, MI
Former Employee - Genius in Troy, MI

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Can be fun place to work. Excellent benefits and discounts. You will make new friends that last beyond your time employed at Apple

Cons

very demanding job, Work/Personal life balance not good. Management is not on the same page on many things. Many customers have a "Sense of entitlement" and not friendly. Management is not all up so speed on technology and Apple products.

Hire Management that has a passion for Apple, Not former Gap managers.

4263 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Overall, a solid place to work especially for retail

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Denver, CO

I worked at Apple part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I loved working at Apple over all. Great products. Steady shifts. No commission pressure - which helped me focus on helping customers and not trying to meet my commission stats. High energy. Apple did try to offer various career paths to fit their individual employee's needs and long term goals.

Cons

Changing to different positions can take a while. Sometimes managers are lackluster (as with everywhere). Long hours on your feet. Although custom career paths were offered it often came as a last priority option when many weeks being skipped altogether. I also have several scheduling issues where I was repeatedly being scheduled outside of my availability although I had clearly (and repeatedly) communicated with management.

I wish there were better opportunities for training in specific areas that interested me while working there. But overall - a great place.

Worklife at Apple

Current Employee - Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's great to be part of a company that creates some of the best products in the world.
    Employee Discounts
    Health/Medical
    Meet new people everyday

Cons

Clueless managers hired from outside Apple (Starbucks)
    Fluctuating Schedules.
    Not a lot of upward movement for current employees.

The best part about being at an Apple Store is that it's a fun, care free, non pressure environment. We're trying to build customer loyalty and customers like to be around that type of atmosphere. But some managers forget that and get too caught up in sales and numbers. They get very nervous about iQueue's and hitting sales goals. Frankly, no specialists care about that because they don't make commission. And it does nothing to motivate them and in fact makes them less motivated. Get back to old school apple philosophy where we just focus on creating a great experience for every customer. Hidden behind this philosophy is a ground plan for creating happiness for both employees and customers. Happiness ultimately leads to more sales. So forget the numbers, they'll come.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple