Underwhelming - working for Apple in Canada is not satisfying

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Apple full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Products are amazing and they are some great people who work there

Cons

Company is cheap and they don't value work family life balance

Advice to Management

stop the charade about driving for best products, when you are driven by Sales, $$'s and share price

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Terrible

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Cork (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Cork (Ireland)

I worked at Apple full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any really. I suppose having any job is better than being unemployed - but then again maybe not.

There were discounts on Apple products for those into Apple's gadgets - but that wasn't me.

Cons

Very unpleasant working environment. Call centre area was a big artificially lit room with no windows.

If you're working in After Sales you have to take dog's abuse from customers. There should nearly be counsellors on site to help people cope!

New customer service agents are expected to come up to speed unrealistically fast on everything.

I was so unhappy working there I actually became ill (for pretty much the first time in my life) - something I attribute to the stress of working there - and had to leave.

Advice to Management

Less emphasis on the number of calls taken by employees and more on being able to proficiently deal with the different issues callers present with.

I admit it's been a while since I worked there (2005) so hopefully things have changed - but I suspect they haven't.

2. Great job if you're fresh out of high school or college

I have been working at Apple full-time

Pros

Awesome benefits and depending on your store leader you can have a lot of control over your work life and career.

Cons

Very little upward mobility once you reach Genius. You can't move up to management unless you leave apple and work for a Starbucks or Pottery Barn.

Advice to Management

Listen to your "underlings". We are the ones that made this company as profitable as it currently is ranked. And people at corporate, many of you once worked in the retail environment. That is what gave this company it's edge. Sooner or later you will all loose touch with what the customer really wants. And the pathetic employee surveys are not going to cut it.