Apple
3.9 of 5 3,436 reviews
www.apple.com Cupertino, CA 5000+ Employees

Genius Bar is incredibly stressful, the scheduling is unhealthy, the people are amazing

Mac Genius (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsExcellent on the job training. Constant opportunities to upgrade. No egos, approach anyone at anytime about anything. When the internal tools are working, they are second to none. Suggest a great idea, no reason it won't get implemented. Focus on repairing relationships not just repairing technology.

ConsExpected to resolve phone/ipad/ipod appointment in less than 10 min. Expected to resolve computer appointment in less than 15 minutes. Expected to multitask up to 3 appointments at the same time. Impossible, stressful assembly-line treatment. Unhealthy rotating retail schedule. Sometimes working 2 months without every getting a weekend off.

Advice to Senior ManagementSchedule time to touch base with stressed out employees. The ones that make the most noise get the most notice. The quiet ones usually are the ones that require attention. 20% of your staff demand 80% of your resources.

Uninspired but the products are good

Mac Genius (Former Employee)

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good Products to sell and share Cons: The People I worked with Advice to Senior Management: Quit being policy pushers and help the customers. Treat… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Perfect

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
    Munich (Germany)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: International environment, nice colleagues, tough management Cons: Hard work, no overtime payment Advice to Senior Management: Go on like this Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees.