There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Apple is definitely the best retail experience of my life.

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Rockaway, NJ
Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Rockaway, NJ

I have been working at Apple part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have amazing benefits and "learn at your own pace" training that really lets you dig deeper if you want to. I feel like I could read all day about my job and never learn enough!

Cons

Sometimes the exact path to help someone else or yourself isn't very clear. (They're definitely working on this.) Also, it can be a very high stress job if you let it. Sometimes people aren't happy with what their device is doing, even if it's their fault, and can blame you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Have more positive feedback to Specialists in general, it makes us feel better!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Fun, engaging, cooky at times, though very strict

Former Employee - Genius in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Genius in Boston, MA

I worked at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a very fluid work environment, and definitely different than any place I've ever worked, the interview process was fun and engaging.

Cons

SUPER strict, don't think about coming in late. Overtime shifts during product launches are super crazy and people are a little to heated

Work on high visibility products

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time

Pros

There is much to like and enjoy about working at Apple. The product you work on will likely have high visibility and used by millions of consumers. While the company is huge, the individual teams tend to be rather small, which helps with rapid iteration and development cycles. The environment is fast-paced. As many of the products are new and cutting-edge, there are plenty of challenges to face and most individual contributors tend to take on a lot of responsibility.

Cons

Are with many large companies, Apple tends to be quite top-down in its organization. There is little feedback that goes upstream. Add to that the secretive nature of the company and there tends to sometimes be a lack of communication. This can at times stifle collaboration between teams.