There are newer employer reviews for Apple

A very good company to work for overall

Former Employee - Genius in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Genius in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Innovative company,very casual and social work environment while still striving for excellence. Great products, and you'll meet a lot of unique and talented individuals while working there. When I was exposed to the corporate side of things when getting genius certifications, it was one of the best experiences I've ever had. The corporate and non-retail side of Apple is magnificent.

Cons

The company itself is amazing, but the retail side of the company has all the cons of any retail job in the nation, especially concerning retail management, whose visions and overall attitude I would say often differs compared to that of the actual company (outside of retail). As the company grows larger and larger, the quality of employee that Apple has had to hire to keep up with business has had an impact on the quality of service in my opinion.
 Another problem I had for a time was the social aspect of the store that I was in. Even though I was great at my job, if I wasn't a social butterfly that went out with the 'in-crowd' of my store's employees on a frequent basis, it hurt my chances of advancement (I actually had coaching sessions about this from management which is COMPLETELY ridiculous. For a time even though I had top notch technical and customer service numbers in the store, the fact that I didn't like to go out drinking set a promotion that I was more than ready for back a few months. But this is more attributed to the retail management side of things than Apple as a company).

In most ways, keep doing what you are doing, when it comes to retail, stop trying to commercialize the retail store, which is what started happening over the course of time that I worked there. Also, I think some of the higher ups should take more of an interest in who is being hired at the retail level, as I saw a lot of people hired towards the latter end of my career that I felt did not have the ability to uphold the quality of the Apple brand at all. You need to keep yourselves apart from the pack like you have in the past, including retail.

3890 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

GREAT NAME BUT LOUSY PAY

Former Employee - HBA - Sales in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - HBA - Sales in Austin, TX

I worked at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Products Products Products Products Products!!!!

Cons

How can you make it on $30,000 with no commission with a family.

Please provide a better commission structure for all sales positions.

Great environment

Former Employee - Tech Support in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Intelligent co-workers, fair pay and pleasent working environment

Cons

We didn't get enough time for lunch

Hire older people