Apple
3.9 of 5 3,105 reviews
www.apple.com Cupertino, CA 5000+ Employees

Work on high visibility products

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time

ProsThere is much to like and enjoy about working at Apple. The product you work on will likely have high visibility and used by millions of consumers. While the company is huge, the individual teams tend to be rather small, which helps with rapid iteration and development cycles. The environment is fast-paced. As many of the products are new and cutting-edge, there are plenty of challenges to face and most individual contributors tend to take on a lot of responsibility.

ConsAre with many large companies, Apple tends to be quite top-down in its organization. There is little feedback that goes upstream. Add to that the secretive nature of the company and there tends to sometimes be a lack of communication. This can at times stifle collaboration between teams.

Fantastic environment, benefits, and pay (New York City)

Specialist (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Apple part-time for less than a year

Pros: •Great people •Good benefits •Better starting pay than most retail jobs •They encourage you to be yourself. I had the opportunity of working in a large store where there… Cons: •Corporate's been making changes recently, some good some bad. There… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company at the corporate level, tough at the retail level

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) (Former Employee)
Miami Beach, FL

I worked at Apple part-time for less than a year

Pros: Great community, good benefits, reasonable pay, constant access to new… Cons: Tough hours, retail atmosphere, some of the staff can be very hard… Advice to Senior Management: Retail staff works hard during long hours, and its not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees.