Apple
3.9 of 5 3,436 reviews
www.apple.com Cupertino, CA 5000+ Employees

It doesn't get much better than this.

Software Engineer IV (Current Employee)
Cupertino, CA

ProsThe work you do changes the world. Love it or hate it, people know about your work. That's more than most can dream for. There are ppl who would kill for my job.

If you care about pixel perfect (most ppl don't) this place is heaven.

I'm pretty well paid, I am sure I could get more elsewhere, but there would just be something poopier about the other place (like the new place's cafeteria would suck or the office space would be open floor plan or cubes).

ConsLong hours. The media was up in arms about the Foxconn employees working 60 hrs a week (with overtime) and I often work 70-80 hr work weeks, sometimes more, with no overtime. Granted I am not doing manual labor, but I'm still in a deadend job.

Parking is a problem, too many people in the cafeteria, offices are doubled or tripled up. Offices are out of date (it's nothing like the Apple stores. Think dreary government office).

There is nearly zero career advancement opportunity at Apple.

Some groups are well managed in terms of schedule and work load, others are not.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild the spaceship faster. The pay could bit a little better, but that's #firstworldproblems

One of the best corporate jobs I have ever had. Life changing.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: If your sweet spot is the intersection of media and tech,… Cons: More siloed now than when I was there, meaning more control over output and market secrecy, but less opportunity for the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

This job is tiring, rewarding, and satisfying

Specialist (Current Employee)
    Albany, NY

I have been working at Apple part-time for more than a year

Pros: The colleagues are encouraging and very helpful. Everyone is willing to help each other as much as possible.… Cons: The store could get overwhelmed at times and there are… Advice to Senior Management: Need way more opportunities for part-time students. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees.