There are newer employer reviews for Apple

It doesn't get much better than this.

Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The work you do changes the world. Love it or hate it, people know about your work. That's more than most can dream for. There are ppl who would kill for my job. If you care about pixel perfect (most ppl don't) this place is heaven. I'm pretty well paid, I am sure I could get more elsewhere, but there would just be something poopier about the other place (like the new place's cafeteria would suck or the office space would be open floor plan or cubes).

Cons

Long hours. The media was up in arms about the Foxconn employees working 60 hrs a week (with overtime) and I often work 70-80 hr work weeks, sometimes more, with no overtime. Granted I am not doing manual labor, but I'm still in a deadend job. Parking is a problem, too many people in the cafeteria, offices are doubled or tripled up. Offices are out of date (it's nothing like the Apple stores. Think dreary government office). There is nearly zero career advancement opportunity at Apple. Some groups are well managed in terms of schedule and work load, others are not.

Advice to Management

Build the spaceship faster. The pay could bit a little better, but that's #firstworldproblems

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

One of the best corporate jobs I have ever had. Life changing.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If your sweet spot is the intersection of media and tech, and creating products there - it is the place to be.

Cons

More siloed now than when I was there, meaning more control over output and market secrecy, but less opportunity for the serendipitous "intra-preneurial" event to occur - if that is important to you. The recruiting process is quite a mystery these days.

This job is tiring, rewarding, and satisfying

Current Employee - Specialist in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Specialist in Albany, NY

I have been working at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The colleagues are encouraging and very helpful. Everyone is willing to help each other as much as possible. You do not make commission, therefore everyone is focused on one goal: finding the right solution for the customer

Cons

The store could get overwhelmed at times and there are times also where the customers are unreasonable.

Advice to Management

Need way more opportunities for part-time students.