Apple

www.apple.com
  www.apple.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

More than you would expect from a retail experience.

Former Employee - Mac Genius in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Mac Genius in Denver, CO

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working in Apple Retail allowed me to have a flexible schedule so I could focus on my studies during college. I met a ton of people from all over the world, all walks of life, and really just was able to engage with individuals about their technology that I would otherwise not have the opportunity to meet. I learned quite a lot about Apple technology, computers and enterprise set ups in general, and was trained thoroughly on the technologies I was expected to support. I had fun co-workers and they helped to support one another in their customer encounters, as well as educate. Overall I had a positive learning experience there; and while some days the interactions were not top notch, or I had to deal with an irate client, I eventually learned a great deal of patience, empathy and humility from my peers.

Cons

In any retail environment, you run the risk of being micro-managed by a supervisor who doesn't quite understand the scope of your daily activities; nor is attentive to employee needs. Sometimes the management fails to set clear or sustainable expectations. In my time at Apple Retail specifically, I found that we would be so engrossed in the tasks at hand that I wasn't getting adequate breaks, or some days, would end up having to miss lunch altogether on an 8-9 hour shift. Working a desk job, this would not always be an issue. But when you are on your feet for hours a day...

- Be attentive to human needs (i.e. - people who are standing and talking all day long non-stop should get a break to get off their feet and have a drink of water).
-Be attentive to development opportunities and internal growth. I felt that often people were pigeon-holed into certain tasks and roles, when they could have been grown into leadership or advanced roles. This could prevent a great deal of burnout/turnover. Focus on keeping people excited and engaged.

4093 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Great place to work, but hiring staff is difficult to deal with.

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Tukwila, WA
    Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Tukwila, WA

I worked at Apple part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everybody that works there is helpful, has a good attitude, and are generally great people to work with. Being a positive, outgoing person is required to even get anywhere in the hiring process.

Cons

They didn't respect my schedule as a student. They assigned me to a location that was at least a 30 min commute, when I could see one of their other stores from my apartment window.

They also had A LOT of mandatory meetings that were mostly filled with unnecessary "break the ice" type of activities, and patting high-performing employees on the back. Team building and employee recognition are important, but these meetings got to be way past the point of wasting my time.

You have a lot of good employees who love to do good work for you, but when you disrespect their time

Good days, bad days...

Former Employee - Specialist in Ridgeland, MS
    Former Employee - Specialist in Ridgeland, MS

I worked at Apple part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people and atmosphere; some room to move up.

Cons

Management is friendly, but not very knowledgeable; just want you to sell attachments.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple