There are newer employer reviews for Apple

More than you would expect from a retail experience.

Former Employee - Mac Genius in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Mac Genius in Denver, CO

I worked at Apple full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working in Apple Retail allowed me to have a flexible schedule so I could focus on my studies during college. I met a ton of people from all over the world, all walks of life, and really just was able to engage with individuals about their technology that I would otherwise not have the opportunity to meet. I learned quite a lot about Apple technology, computers and enterprise set ups in general, and was trained thoroughly on the technologies I was expected to support. I had fun co-workers and they helped to support one another in their customer encounters, as well as educate. Overall I had a positive learning experience there; and while some days the interactions were not top notch, or I had to deal with an irate client, I eventually learned a great deal of patience, empathy and humility from my peers.

Cons

In any retail environment, you run the risk of being micro-managed by a supervisor who doesn't quite understand the scope of your daily activities; nor is attentive to employee needs. Sometimes the management fails to set clear or sustainable expectations. In my time at Apple Retail specifically, I found that we would be so engrossed in the tasks at hand that I wasn't getting adequate breaks, or some days, would end up having to miss lunch altogether on an 8-9 hour shift. Working a desk job, this would not always be an issue. But when you are on your feet for hours a day...

Advice to Management

- Be attentive to human needs (i.e. - people who are standing and talking all day long non-stop should get a break to get off their feet and have a drink of water).
-Be attentive to development opportunities and internal growth. I felt that often people were pigeon-holed into certain tasks and roles, when they could have been grown into leadership or advanced roles. This could prevent a great deal of burnout/turnover. Focus on keeping people excited and engaged.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good days, bad days...

Former Employee - Specialist in Ridgeland, MS
    Former Employee - Specialist in Ridgeland, MS

I worked at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and atmosphere; some room to move up.

Cons

Management is friendly, but not very knowledgeable; just want you to sell attachments.

2. Simply awesome, very easy to enjoy work, and challenging!

Former Employee - Specialist in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Specialist in Washington, DC

I worked at Apple part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, easy to enjoy work, strong coworker bond. Frequent workshops to help boost employee knowledge and skills.

Cons

Standing, walking alot, little to no opportunities to sit down aside from break. Very difficult to move up in corporate ladder, they make you jump through quite a lot of hoops.

Advice to Management

Make it easier for entry level employees to move up -- giving them the illusion of being in control of moving up when it's actually at management's whim isn't cool.