There are newer employer reviews for Apple

What is expected

Current Employee - Mobile Device Genius in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Mobile Device Genius in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Apple part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Highest echelon of retail sales and services
Benefits for part time include 100$/month commuter master card, health insurance, stock options, and 401k contribution.
Pay is good for retail position, however I would argue that more is expected from Apple employees than just basic retail services - so I would also argue that although pay is good technically, more would be justified.
Personal Discount is nice.

Cons

it's retail none the less - just somewhat glorified
It's not a door to corporate
hour requirements are substantial - it's retail
It's a retail position - as long as you keep that in mind, you'll find nothing really wrong with the position.

3890 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Awesome

Current Employee - Program Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

THe technology that apple has produced are amazing and getting to share my knowledge with the people in the community is a really fun experience.

Cons

The popularity factor of all of Apple's products are skyrocketing which is also causing a big rushto get things out there.

More than you would expect from a retail experience.

Former Employee - Mac Genius in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Mac Genius in Denver, CO

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working in Apple Retail allowed me to have a flexible schedule so I could focus on my studies during college. I met a ton of people from all over the world, all walks of life, and really just was able to engage with individuals about their technology that I would otherwise not have the opportunity to meet. I learned quite a lot about Apple technology, computers and enterprise set ups in general, and was trained thoroughly on the technologies I was expected to support. I had fun co-workers and they helped to support one another in their customer encounters, as well as educate. Overall I had a positive learning experience there; and while some days the interactions were not top notch, or I had to deal with an irate client, I eventually learned a great deal of patience, empathy and humility from my peers.

Cons

In any retail environment, you run the risk of being micro-managed by a supervisor who doesn't quite understand the scope of your daily activities; nor is attentive to employee needs. Sometimes the management fails to set clear or sustainable expectations. In my time at Apple Retail specifically, I found that we would be so engrossed in the tasks at hand that I wasn't getting adequate breaks, or some days, would end up having to miss lunch altogether on an 8-9 hour shift. Working a desk job, this would not always be an issue. But when you are on your feet for hours a day...

- Be attentive to human needs (i.e. - people who are standing and talking all day long non-stop should get a break to get off their feet and have a drink of water).
    -Be attentive to development opportunities and internal growth. I felt that often people were pigeon-holed into certain tasks and roles, when they could have been grown into leadership or advanced roles. This could prevent a great deal of burnout/turnover. Focus on keeping people excited and engaged.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple