Amazing

I worked at Apple

Pros

Very flexible around my college class schedule.
The people at Apple are great, always willing to help.
Great communication with coworkers and management.
Great tools for learning and doing your job better.

Cons

I thought the hourly rate was a little low for a company like Apple.

Other Reviews for Apple

Fantastic company to work for that is relentlessly driven to succeed

Current Employee - Manager  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Manager in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great A-Players all around. Culture that is fast paced, demanding and laser focused on results forces you to perform to stay on top of your game. Great culture to be in.

Cons

Relatively flat hierarchy limits vertical career advancement. Being relentlessly driven also means it is not easy to achieve work/life balance.

Always remember Steve and what he stood for and believed in. Keep making insanely great products!!!

Not at all what I expected

Current Employee - Creative (Apple Store)
    Current Employee - Creative (Apple Store)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers, product discounts, occasional interesting client projects.

Cons

High school politics, micromanagement, holding up opportunities for potential people, constantly teaching people basic computer skills gets mundane. Work/life balance is terrible. I don't see much of a future here. "Credo" and "culture" are a bit to be desired. One thing to believe in the products but the culture is way too much "juice" with their "fearless feedback", etc. Too many employees also don't know much about the product and use.

Let Creatives actually BE Creatives! My store was mismanaged from the get go with management making it seem like getting your certifications in pro apps was a "reward" when it's supposed to be part of your job! We lost potential with more professional users and have become known as a "retirees" club. It's becoming mundane! Also, retail hours in general just suck but even more so when it's 9 hour days. Good luck EVER having a work/life balance and kiss the family goodbye. Mentally draining and feel like my brain is going to mush as the repetitive same questions from customers becomes tiring.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!