Apple
3.9 of 5 3,438 reviews
www.apple.com Cupertino, CA 5000+ Employees

Phenomenal people, excellent culture, lack of opportunity for growth

Mac Genius (Current Employee)
Madison, WI

ProsWhen you work for Apple, you are working with a group of people that are absolutely amazing. Great customer focus, intelligent, driven, communicative...it's just awesome. The leadership team is great, when they have the time to provide direction.

ConsTime. It's simply near-impossible to strategize with your team, develop yourself with leadership, and to review your interactions.

There is a culture of pulling leadership from external sources, so much so that it causes you to think that it's impossible to grow with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be intermediary paths of growth for positions such as Genius/Expert/Creative. You have brilliant and talented people in these positions, but they grow complacent and lose the passion for the company since they essentially get "stuck" in this position. This leads to decreased job satisfaction and causes us to look elsewhere for other opportunities. If the credo really does put the internal customer at the heart and soul, please live up to this giving us the opportunity to stay with the company. Despite how much management talks about it, these are NOT career positions.

They go balls to the wall with everything

I have been working at Apple as an intern

Pros: brilliant people, learn lots, good pay Cons: You get no free time Advice to Senior Management: none More

Software Engineering Intern

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple as an intern for less than a year

Pros: smart people, cool products, challenging environment Cons: secrecy is tiring, contribution might seem small Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees.