There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Good for learning some new skills but poor career progression

Former Employee - Genius in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Genius in London, England (UK)

I worked at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. Possibility to gain insight into how a large and hugely successful retail organisation is built, specifically with the way in which Apple runs its business as it is considerably different in approach to many other high street retailers. Good advancement up to a point if you are willing to play the corporate game. Great up to a certain point but then if you really want to do anything beyond Retail you have to leave, which culminates in Apple losing their most promising staff.

Cons

Once you reach a certain level within the Retail side there is little further training or progression beyond possible management positions and even these are seldom promoted from within the staff with outside hires being the norm. Poor salary with little increases for long service meaning you are stuck in an underpaid job with no possibility for progression.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring outside managers from other retail stores. New management does not understand the attitude of general Apple staff which is to do a good job in their own way, not taking well to micromanagement. While this may have worked at other Retail stores this does not work at Apple and leads to confrontation between management and staff that could otherwise be avoided.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. material engineer

I have been working at Apple (Less than a year)

Pros

good salary, benefit and good development

Cons

dont have open mind. sometimes, we dont know what we do

2. Not at all what I expected

Current Employee - Creative (Apple Store)
    Current Employee - Creative (Apple Store)

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers, product discounts, occasional interesting client projects.

Cons

High school politics, micromanagement, holding up opportunities for potential people, constantly teaching people basic computer skills gets mundane. Work/life balance is terrible. I don't see much of a future here. "Credo" and "culture" are a bit to be desired. One thing to believe in the products but the culture is way too much "juice" with their "fearless feedback", etc. Too many employees also don't know much about the product and use.

Advice to Management

Let Creatives actually BE Creatives! My store was mismanaged from the get go with management making it seem like getting your certifications in pro apps was a "reward" when it's supposed to be part of your job! We lost potential with more professional users and have become known as a "retirees" club. It's becoming mundane! Also, retail hours in general just suck but even more so when it's 9 hour days. Good luck EVER having a work/life balance and kiss the family goodbye. Mentally draining and feel like my brain is going to mush as the repetitive same questions from customers becomes tiring.