Apple

www.apple.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Not at all what I expected

Current Employee - Creative (Apple Store)
Current Employee - Creative (Apple Store)

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Co-workers, product discounts, occasional interesting client projects.

Cons

High school politics, micromanagement, holding up opportunities for potential people, constantly teaching people basic computer skills gets mundane. Work/life balance is terrible. I don't see much of a future here. "Credo" and "culture" are a bit to be desired. One thing to believe in the products but the culture is way too much "juice" with their "fearless feedback", etc. Too many employees also don't know much about the product and use.

Let Creatives actually BE Creatives! My store was mismanaged from the get go with management making it seem like getting your certifications in pro apps was a "reward" when it's supposed to be part of your job! We lost potential with more professional users and have become known as a "retirees" club. It's becoming mundane! Also, retail hours in general just suck but even more so when it's 9 hour days. Good luck EVER having a work/life balance and kiss the family goodbye. Mentally draining and feel like my brain is going to mush as the repetitive same questions from customers becomes tiring.

4405 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

material engineer

I have been working at Apple (less than a year)

Pros

good salary, benefit and good development

Cons

dont have open mind. sometimes, we dont know what we do

Great and Fun Company to work for.

Former Contractor - Tier I Support in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Contractor - Tier I Support in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Apple as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Casual Dress everyday. Fun and creative workplace. Excellent training schemes and in house incentives such as discounts on their products. Excellent opportunities to climb up in management and the pay is quite good. Strong focus on customer experience.

Cons

They mostly employ contractors and have a strict policy in not giving to charities or sponsoring events. Because it is like a cult-like work place where everyone is almost the point of obsessed with Apple products, there is also that feeling of weirdness and over "loving" the products. Focused on gaining numbers rather than giving back to the community

Give back to the community rather than focus on taking from consumers

There are newer employer reviews for Apple