Apple
3.9 of 5 3,100 reviews
www.apple.com Cupertino, CA 5000+ Employees

Not at all what I expected

Creative (Apple Store) (Current Employee)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

ProsCo-workers, product discounts, occasional interesting client projects.

ConsHigh school politics, micromanagement, holding up opportunities for potential people, constantly teaching people basic computer skills gets mundane. Work/life balance is terrible. I don't see much of a future here. "Credo" and "culture" are a bit to be desired. One thing to believe in the products but the culture is way too much "juice" with their "fearless feedback", etc. Too many employees also don't know much about the product and use.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet Creatives actually BE Creatives! My store was mismanaged from the get go with management making it seem like getting your certifications in pro apps was a "reward" when it's supposed to be part of your job! We lost potential with more professional users and have become known as a "retirees" club. It's becoming mundane! Also, retail hours in general just suck but even more so when it's 9 hour days. Good luck EVER having a work/life balance and kiss the family goodbye. Mentally draining and feel like my brain is going to mush as the repetitive same questions from customers becomes tiring.

material engineer

I have been working at Apple for less than a year

Pros: good salary, benefit and good development Cons: dont have open mind. sometimes, we dont know what… More

The retail experience

Specialist (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Apple full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great people, active and fun atmosphere, flexible, will help you… Cons: Some staff clueless, don't appreciate you if you contribute above and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees.