Apple

There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Apple Retail Sets the bar at Apple

Current Employee - Program Manager in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Program Manager in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a fun place to work, the culture is entrepreneurial and everyone has a sense of mission. I definitely enjoyed working in retail versus the other division e.g. Apple Online and Apple Enterprise.

Cons

Politics at the center many times limits the speed of implementation and change. There's way to may "career employees" that coast and milk their tenure at Apple.

Try building more startups within Apple like what Cypress Semiconductor did. This will allow Apple to continue to innovate and still be a big company.

4107 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Great place to work with some opportunities to be called the PERFECT job!

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

An amazing place to work. People really care about doing the right thing for the customer and the long term of the company.

Cons

Apple expects you to be an expert in your functional area, which is not bad for those who want to be a functional expert in a great place. Not good if you want to explore opportunities beyond your own role and also can be hard to grow inside the same function.

Step outside the bubble, see the market out there, respect the competitors, listen to advice.

Concerned about the direction Apple is headed in.

Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home opportunities and some schedule choice provide some flexibility. Apple is best company I have worked for overall in terms of technology and support apparatus.

Cons

Apple seems to be losing some of the qualities of what made it great. First, the pay does not measure up to the work. I came in 2010 and felt like I was a few years too late as Apple became hugely popular with release of new iPhone and the iPad some of the magic and personality seems to have left. Also the loss of Jobs may be a major underlying factor.

I'm surprised by the overall corporate feel of things. I previously worked for an insurance company and I feel like I'm doing a similar job, the one perk is that I am at home. I read an article today regarding the perks at Google and I was jealous considering we're a more profitable company.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple