Apple

www.apple.com
  www.apple.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

You get emotional realizing you, on behalf of Apple, enrich people's lives

Current Employee - Specialist in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Specialist in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- amazing work place
- leadership listens to employees ' ideas
- the job will change your personality ( in a very very good way )

Cons

- a lot of shady customers who Do damaging things
- angry customers yell at you
- don't count on a 9to5 schedule ( its retail , don't complain )

- give a 1year probation for new employees
-2% acceptance rate is awesome . It makes me feel proud of myself but there are ppl who I think arent qualified enough

3977 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

High quality of work, very fast paced

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- In general, almost everyone I've worked with is much smarter than an average employee at some other company.
    - Great beer bashes with awesome free food
    - Caffe macs, although not free, serves amazing gourmet quality good. The only problem is, I've gained a lot of weight!
    - Tons of work around...wide exposure to lots of IT systems. I've learned SO much in the past couple of years here and I continue to learn something new everyday.
    - People love to innovate and find creative solutions to everyday problems, however small.
    - Nothing but high quality of work is expected
    - Small teams. So you have a bigger chance to get noticed for your work. The only problem is, everybody is a rock star.
    - Good opportunities to take job related training - my manager always encourages me to take as many related courses as I want. The difficult part is taking the time out to do this.
    - Fair performance review process + cash bonus + RSUs.

Cons

- People who've done their time at Apple (read: Older employees) seem more laid back compared to the more recent hires/younger blood. This causes bottlenecks in projects which are extremely fast moving and need juggling of multiple priorities at the same time
    - NO WORK LIFE BALANCE. I regularly work 50-60 hours per week. The sad thing is, the more you work, the more people expect from you and the more you work. If you treat it just like a job, you might stick around, but you'll be passed on when the good projects come in. You need to decide what type of career you want - you can't do 40 hours AND shine at work at the same time.
    - High burnout rate. I find myself short of patience many times just because there's always too much to do.
    - Base salary is not that good, but more than compensated for in the form of cash bonus, RSUs, 401k

- Don't let us burn out. Balance the work across the team and don't just burden 1-2 people who are willing to work longer hours. It's not going to work long term if your best employees end up changing teams, or worse, leaving Apple.

Its all about the experiences

Current Employee - Genius in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Genius in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will learn so much from working for Apple. They will give you free training that you can apply to any job you might ever get in the future.

The People you work with are awesome. I work in a store of over 100 people and I can honestly say I like 98% of them! Its like working with your best friends and having fun at work!

Cons

The crowds of people. On average our store see over 1000 people a day. I personally help around 25 a day. Because of the sheer amount of people. It high pace and high stress some days.

Bigger and stand alone stores would be great! Our store is very small for the amount of people we get.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple