There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Lots of Fun

Former Employee - Apple Care - CPU Advisor in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Apple Care - CPU Advisor in Austin, TX

I worked at Apple as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great company that really take care of their employees. Friendly managers, awesome co-workers. Lots of room for advancement.

Cons

They use Volt to hire contract to hire employees and making it through Volt with their stricter than Apple rules is difficult.

None, I think you're doing great

3876 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Great learning experience

Former Employee - Mac Genius in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Mac Genius in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No pressure sales environment, selling a quality products that people want.

Cons

It is corporate retail chain. They do go through periods where they will reduce staff in favor of new lower paid staff.

Hire managers with at least some knowledge of technology. Just because a person managed a clothing store does not mean that they can manage a technology store.

High quality of work, very fast paced

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- In general, almost everyone I've worked with is much smarter than an average employee at some other company.
    - Great beer bashes with awesome free food
    - Caffe macs, although not free, serves amazing gourmet quality good. The only problem is, I've gained a lot of weight!
    - Tons of work around...wide exposure to lots of IT systems. I've learned SO much in the past couple of years here and I continue to learn something new everyday.
    - People love to innovate and find creative solutions to everyday problems, however small.
    - Nothing but high quality of work is expected
    - Small teams. So you have a bigger chance to get noticed for your work. The only problem is, everybody is a rock star.
    - Good opportunities to take job related training - my manager always encourages me to take as many related courses as I want. The difficult part is taking the time out to do this.
    - Fair performance review process + cash bonus + RSUs.

Cons

- People who've done their time at Apple (read: Older employees) seem more laid back compared to the more recent hires/younger blood. This causes bottlenecks in projects which are extremely fast moving and need juggling of multiple priorities at the same time
    - NO WORK LIFE BALANCE. I regularly work 50-60 hours per week. The sad thing is, the more you work, the more people expect from you and the more you work. If you treat it just like a job, you might stick around, but you'll be passed on when the good projects come in. You need to decide what type of career you want - you can't do 40 hours AND shine at work at the same time.
    - High burnout rate. I find myself short of patience many times just because there's always too much to do.
    - Base salary is not that good, but more than compensated for in the form of cash bonus, RSUs, 401k

- Don't let us burn out. Balance the work across the team and don't just burden 1-2 people who are willing to work longer hours. It's not going to work long term if your best employees end up changing teams, or worse, leaving Apple.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple