Apple

There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Two-time Apple contractor

Former Employee - IT Engineer in Cupertino, CA
Former Employee - IT Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Very smart and great co-workers, a stimulating work environment, and facilities designed to help you work. I found Apple to be an exciting place to work and recommend it without reservation.

Cons

The only con was that the job wasn't permanent! It would also be nice if contractors had access to Apple's health care benefits.

4093 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Summer software engineering intern. Worked closely with full-time engineers.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great offices, salaries. Doing work that actually reaches people at some point. Prestige of being "Apple." Working for a company whose products everybody enjoys. Highly professional atmosphere (could be bad for some people).

Cons

The feeling of being a slave of a big corporate machine. Engineers are treated like blue-collar workers that must do what they are told to do. Management has little idea of what engineering is (but does know how to deliver results using dated business oriented methods). High levels of stress every day.

Respect your engineers. Don't treat them like code monkeys that work for bananas. This has a huge impact on the quality of their work.

Great atmosphere to work, awesomely diverse people and loved selling their product.

Former Employee - Specialist
    Former Employee - Specialist

I worked at Apple part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was a second job and I always said "If I have to have a second job, I am really glad this is the job"...

Cons

Communications were a bit of a challenge on occasion due to the limited number of hours I was working (16 hours).

There are newer employer reviews for Apple