There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Better than most other jobs

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

very smart, talented coworkers. casual work culture. not a problem to get time off for personal/life events. modern/progressive company. employee morale is high. paid training. employee discount. ESPP.

Cons

secrecy is a little discouraging at times. people get worked very hard, get burned out. employee discount could be better. office space is severely lacking.

Advice to Management

I say for the most part, keep up the good work! apple is doing very well and I'm happy to be a part of it. the only issue I have is that apple keeps adding people but where do they all go? the cafeteria is CROWDED and there are so many people doubled up in offices. I think the crowding needs to be addressed.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Frantic pace. Never a dull moment

Current Employee - Lead Genius
    Current Employee - Lead Genius

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Always changing. Very flexible. Learn something new every day. Great team environment. High level expectations breeds high level team members.

Cons

Very low pay for responsibilities given. Does not seem to be the case in all markets. I find this unfair and should be balanced company wide. If I didn't love the job and company so much I wouldn't put up with it.

Advice to Management

Management needs to create better communications between teams. Events should be planned for further ahead even with secrecy issues. Remember, it is retail!

2. Not bad but could be better.

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Selling amazing products. Amazing employees. Apple without a doubt hires great personalities. Training is good. There are times when you feel you are really making a difference.

Cons

There isn't a clearly defined career path. There can be favoritism shown at times. Most companies offer salary and commission when selling big ticket items, Apple doesn't.

Advice to Management

Some mangers micromanage too much. Allowing commissions would do a world of good to increase employee morale. Stop playing the music so loud. Customers are always complaining about the hectic environment.