There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Better than most other jobs

Current Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

very smart, talented coworkers. casual work culture. not a problem to get time off for personal/life events. modern/progressive company. employee morale is high. paid training. employee discount. ESPP.

Cons

secrecy is a little discouraging at times. people get worked very hard, get burned out. employee discount could be better. office space is severely lacking.

I say for the most part, keep up the good work! apple is doing very well and I'm happy to be a part of it. the only issue I have is that apple keeps adding people but where do they all go? the cafeteria is CROWDED and there are so many people doubled up in offices. I think the crowding needs to be addressed.

3764 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Great job for people who don't know what it's like to be treated like a human being.

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)  in  Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Edison, NJ

I worked at Apple

Pros

You will be in the midst of cutting edge, cool technology and will be seen as cool by your friends and customers. You'll only need to by pants, undies, socks, and shoes since you'll always have a new t-shirt. You get discounts on equipment. You may be able to see products that are never put on the sales floor.

Cons

You are there to be kicked by the customer, while management holds you down. They never stop thinking of news ways to work you, while your paycheck stagnates. Communications of company policies is sporadic. You are expected to keep up with the technology on person, unpaid time by customers and management, which is too much to ask for a job paying at this level. Management can be arrogant, oblivious, and mean-spirited all at once. You are not allowed to miss time for an ill relative - not even for a day. If you have a real, full-time job other than Apple, Apple will hire you and then assume it is first. There is absolutely no concern for employee safety. Music that is racist, sexist against some employees is allowed to play in BOH (Back of House) with no intervention from management. Management has been known to throw things at employees.

An adult needs to run this store.

Frantic pace. Never a dull moment

Current Employee - Lead Genius
    Current Employee - Lead Genius

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Always changing. Very flexible. Learn something new every day. Great team environment. High level expectations breeds high level team members.

Cons

Very low pay for responsibilities given. Does not seem to be the case in all markets. I find this unfair and should be balanced company wide. If I didn't love the job and company so much I wouldn't put up with it.

Management needs to create better communications between teams. Events should be planned for further ahead even with secrecy issues. Remember, it is retail!

There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!