There are newer employer reviews for Apple

The most rewarding Retail job you will find.

Current Employee - Red Zone Specialist
Current Employee - Red Zone Specialist

I have been working at Apple full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked in retail for nearly 10 years, and I'm extremely pleased to call Apple my home.
-Ability to get hired full-time right out the gate
-Very good hourly wage for entry-level Retail
-Promotions are dependent on your personal sales performance; if you know how to talk to people and can be open and inviting, you'll be fine at this job.
-Benefits are AMAZING. Health insurance is cheap and great. Tuition reimbursement, 2 weeks vacation from the get-go, sick pay, etc. I could go on and on.
-Work/Life balance. It's nice to have a life and look forward to going to work.
-You get to wear jeans to work.

Cons

-Be prepared for a lengthy interviewing process. You will attend a hiring seminar, followed by 3-5 one-on-one and panel style interviews. If you exude Apple and know how to answer basic retail interview questions, this will be easy. But be prepared to interview for two weeks to a month to get the job.
-Red Zone performance is based on overall sales performance. If you know how to sell, this should be easy. If not, be prepared to be talked to.
-At the end of the day it's still retail, so be prepared for working nights and weekends. Sat-Fri scheduling is weird to get used to, but it works.

Advice to Management

Apple Retail was founded on providing the customer with an amazing shopping experience, not as a car-dealership-esque sales floor. While selling solutions is important, remember that service should always come first. Other than that, keep up what you've been doing. I love my job, and I know others do, too.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good place to start...bad long term.

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in New York, NY

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to start in NY.

Cons

Limited potential for growth as employee.

Analysis of Apple

Former Employee - Senior Support Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Support Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working at Apple since there was purpose (a Unix-driven OS with a great front-end GUI, consolidated Sony-like "family" of product-line, a strong leader (Steve Jobs), and of course great success in the retail market, a good framework for designing software.)

Cons

The negatives for Cupertino are many. It is part of a largish valley that has bad air,
    immense traffic, horrid housing and rental costs, and a cultural milieu which has
    aggressive immigrants raising housing and rental prices, on-purpose. The area
    is essentially unaffordable!!! The "boutique towns" along the peninsula do not
    impress. The East Bay is dangerous. It is hard to find a place to relax in the "Bay Area".

Advice to Management

Divest yourself of your large bonuses and options/restricted stock units and GIFT them to your employees for you are NOTHING without them!!!! Renounce your too-high salaries and take
    $1 per year!!!! Be like Jobs and stop following his advice to not be like him. That's fatal for the firm!