Apple

www.apple.com
  www.apple.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

The most rewarding Retail job you will find.

Current Employee - Red Zone Specialist
Current Employee - Red Zone Specialist

I have been working at Apple full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've worked in retail for nearly 10 years, and I'm extremely pleased to call Apple my home.
-Ability to get hired full-time right out the gate
-Very good hourly wage for entry-level Retail
-Promotions are dependent on your personal sales performance; if you know how to talk to people and can be open and inviting, you'll be fine at this job.
-Benefits are AMAZING. Health insurance is cheap and great. Tuition reimbursement, 2 weeks vacation from the get-go, sick pay, etc. I could go on and on.
-Work/Life balance. It's nice to have a life and look forward to going to work.
-You get to wear jeans to work.

Cons

-Be prepared for a lengthy interviewing process. You will attend a hiring seminar, followed by 3-5 one-on-one and panel style interviews. If you exude Apple and know how to answer basic retail interview questions, this will be easy. But be prepared to interview for two weeks to a month to get the job.
-Red Zone performance is based on overall sales performance. If you know how to sell, this should be easy. If not, be prepared to be talked to.
-At the end of the day it's still retail, so be prepared for working nights and weekends. Sat-Fri scheduling is weird to get used to, but it works.

Apple Retail was founded on providing the customer with an amazing shopping experience, not as a car-dealership-esque sales floor. While selling solutions is important, remember that service should always come first. Other than that, keep up what you've been doing. I love my job, and I know others do, too.

4096 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Great Company, fast paced environment.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun work environment. Great benefits and innovative company. A lot to do!

Cons

Nothing comes to my mind.

Keep it up!

Red Zone Specialist

Former Employee - Red Zone Specialist in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
    Former Employee - Red Zone Specialist in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I worked at Apple part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Apple is a growing and extremely successful company, so working hours are never really in short supply.
    Decent Discount
    Relatively Easy.

Cons

You need to attend meeting, which are pretty pointless, and IF there is anything important it could be summed up on a post it note.
    There is a cultish feel to the company, and if you share negative thoughts on products or anything Apple, managers will not be happy with you.
    Customers have a sense of entitlement and can be very rude and disrespectful.
    Promotions are in short supply, and offer marginal raises.
    The chances of moving from retail to corporate is basically 0. Not saying it never happens, but extremely rare.
    No bonuses or incentives for reaching sales goals, or any other goals.
    The job can get repetitive and very boring. How many times can you sell the same thing, and answer the same questions?
    All in all, its a retail job, and not much more. If retail is you passion, you'll love it. If your a college student, or in a transition period, and over-qualified, you will not be able to wait, and move on to bigger better things.

Try and take the employees side once and a while before giving a complaining customer the world.
    Realize that the retail employees are just that, and not apple clones, and that they don't always have to think Apple is the greatest thing since sliced bread,

There are newer employer reviews for Apple