Apple
3.9 of 5 3,105 reviews
www.apple.com Cupertino, CA 5000+ Employees

The most rewarding Retail job you will find.

Red Zone Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Apple full-time for less than a year

ProsI've worked in retail for nearly 10 years, and I'm extremely pleased to call Apple my home.
-Ability to get hired full-time right out the gate
-Very good hourly wage for entry-level Retail
-Promotions are dependent on your personal sales performance; if you know how to talk to people and can be open and inviting, you'll be fine at this job.
-Benefits are AMAZING. Health insurance is cheap and great. Tuition reimbursement, 2 weeks vacation from the get-go, sick pay, etc. I could go on and on.
-Work/Life balance. It's nice to have a life and look forward to going to work.
-You get to wear jeans to work.

Cons-Be prepared for a lengthy interviewing process. You will attend a hiring seminar, followed by 3-5 one-on-one and panel style interviews. If you exude Apple and know how to answer basic retail interview questions, this will be easy. But be prepared to interview for two weeks to a month to get the job.
-Red Zone performance is based on overall sales performance. If you know how to sell, this should be easy. If not, be prepared to be talked to.
-At the end of the day it's still retail, so be prepared for working nights and weekends. Sat-Fri scheduling is weird to get used to, but it works.

Advice to Senior ManagementApple Retail was founded on providing the customer with an amazing shopping experience, not as a car-dealership-esque sales floor. While selling solutions is important, remember that service should always come first. Other than that, keep up what you've been doing. I love my job, and I know others do, too.

Great People but don't look for any advancement opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Apple part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The people are great and you learn a lot about… Cons: Managers will play favorites. If there is a position you want… Advice to Senior Management: Stop playing favorites! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Red Zone Specialist

Red Zone Specialist (Former Employee)
Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I worked at Apple part-time for more than a year

Pros: Apple is a growing and extremely successful company, so working… Cons: You need to attend meeting, which are pretty pointless, and IF there is anything important it could be summed up on a post it note. There… Advice to Senior Management: Try and take the employees side once and a while before giving a complaining customer the world. Realize that the retail employees are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees.