Apple

Overall good...

Current Employee - Firmware Engineer in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Firmware Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Making world class products is really great - there is a strong job satisfaction component from being able to take my grandma to the Apple store and SHOW her my products.

Cons

Project cancellations, unreasonable requirements for implementing solutions. We do make some great stuff, but is that a good enough reason to burn people out?

The company is getting bigger all the time. I guess that's a good thing, but the projects and requirements are getting sillier all the time too.

4096 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Better than most!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Very talented group of people, with good creative abilities. Not a lot of politics or disingenuous behavior in my particular workgroup.

Cons

Sometimes very myopic about what the outside world really looks like and what competitors bring to market. Overly conservative and introspective in planning and strategy.

More investment in projects with longer return windows; be more proactive in understanding future competition and taking it into consideration as part of operational planning.

Need work life balance!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The product, the people, the prestige and the stock options. Not necessarily in that order. Apple is a very rewarding place to work, in both career & financial terms.

Cons

In some groups, work-life balance is non-existent. Working weekends for months on end is considered part of the job, and the attitude is, if you don't like your job, there are plenty out there who would take it. However, that isn't quite true because we've been having trouble getting quality interviewees for a while now.

People who are "before iPod" are there because they want to work for Apple. People who are "after iPod" are often there because they want to work for AAPL.

Burn the Apple people out and you can never get them back. Would the company be as successful if they are run by AAPL people?

There are newer employer reviews for Apple