Apple

There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Senior technical advisor

Current Employee - IOS Senior Technical Advisor in Austin, TX
Current Employee - IOS Senior Technical Advisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Apple treats its employees like human beings and trains us to treat our customers as such. It's such a nice relief to know that I can be honest with customers and not feel like I have to manipulate people or be withholding to do my job well. We get to listen to every story on a case by case basis and are empowered that we know what the best decision is for ourselves, the customer, and the company without having someone standing over our shoulders deciding for us. Apple allows me to be very independent and gives me the tools to go wherever I want in the company - it's awesome. Apple also strives to make everyone feel like one big family, and is an extremely family oriented company

Cons

My schedule changes every 3 months, which I understand is to meet fluctuating business needs, but it's still difficult when you have a small child in the mix. Also, the Austin campus doesn't currently have child care ( but might in the future?), and we've lost a lot of great employees because of that

I know y'all truly have our best interest at heart. Thanks for actually considering us before you make giant company-wide decisions

4111 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Work here if pay is #1

I have been working at Apple as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Apple's pay is very competitive. Many locations. Great if you're on a team that designs their product.

Cons

People are unfriendly. Too much confidentiality. Contractors are treated very differently. No team cohesiveness.

Apple technology is great, but the retail experience is not so great

Current Employee - Specialist
    Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at Apple part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, even as a part-timer. It's also great to introduce or reinforce customer's experience to Apple products, which are the best in the world. I love the fast-paced environment and constant change of working for Apple. It's a job that allows you to learn a lot from experience and also from training. The interaction with customers is energizing.

Cons

Exploitive. Apple retail keeps people in the lower-paying rung of "specialist" while utilizing your expertise to fill in for people who get paid more doing tech and training (and not promoting). It's getting worse and worse. Many would be willing to be "utility players" and do more than one role, but the pay and official title stays on the lower scale. I also think there is a "bait and switch" in the recruiting process where Apple contacts people with training and tech skills with the promise of Creative or Genius, lures them to work for Apple, but then keeps them in the Red Zone.

Lots of part-time positions, with crappy and inconsistent hours (I know, this is retail), managers are increasingly micromanaging issues to keep employees from progressing for silly rules (i.e.: gum chewing and color or pattern or shirts worn under Apple shirt) and employees who give great customer experiences (NPS) are not acknowledged in terms of advancement, it has more to do with kissing up to management and saying the correct corporate gobbelty-gook. Suck-ups are rewarded. Age-ism can be an issue at some stores. Pay is not great. Employee store meetings are rah-rah annoying. People are feeling unhappy about the lack of movement. Outside hires are poisonous. Standards regarding experiences and benchmarks for roles are a personality contest.

Stand up for your people. Don't allow "head-count" issues to keep people from advancing. I know the emphasis on "one to many" is a great skill, but the Family Room is understaffed and there are many people in the Red Zone with a passion for Apple products who are up to the challenge of being busy their entire shift.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple