Apple

www.apple.com

Onsite Vendor at Apple through Red Oak Technologies

Former Employee - Front-End Web Developer  in  Cupertino, CA
Former Employee - Front-End Web Developer in Cupertino, CA

Pros

Reputation of company helps future prospects. The development environment on the front-end is fairly modern, and getting more so as time goes on... though I found the online store to be less cutting-edge than I had hoped.

Cons

Low hourly rate (1$ per minute). Manager openly stated that they do not want to hire "rockstars" full time at the Apple Online Store! There is a fairly anti-competitive atmosphere, especially from some of the senior people trying to hold on to their jobs. It's better to either get on board early after college, or later after establishing yourself at a higher level.

Don't be afraid to hire rockstars! Resist the urge to hire too many people under you then leave for a Director-level title (only happened once while I was there). Send your workers to conferences more often, sheesh.

Other reviews for Apple

Wonderful

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

Pros

Great atmosphere with potential to really make it far. Because of your surroundings, it makes it easy to truly step up your game

Cons

It was a bit too many hours for my liking, I dont mind working long hours but at times it was a mess when it came to my scheduling.

Keep up the good work.

Great friends, reliable, fun

Current Employee - Specialist
    Current Employee - Specialist

Pros

- Amazing people - seriously, because Apple focuses on your relatable qualities when they hire you, it creates an amazing environment of interesting and friendly people. I considerable my Apple co-workers a family and I've made amazing friends that I'll have for years to come.
    - Learn every single day
    - Awesome benefits and decent pay
    - Fairly transparent management
    - Opportunity for self-improvement. Some people can make Apple retail a career. But for those who aren't planning on that, their training allows for opportunities to improve on yourself. A lot of the skills used and developed on the sales floor have positively impacted who I am as a person. I'm more patient, knowledgeable, can strike up meaningful conversation with strangers - all things that can be very useful in life or for future jobs.

Cons

- For many employees, it's easy for the job to become your life. You work there 8 hours, slowly you realize all of your friends are your co-workers, you end up talking about work when you're not there, etc.

I'd love it if management was a bit more serious about putting employee suggestions to action. Sometimes I feel as if it's all talk and not actually walking the walk.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!