There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Best job I've had in my 36 year career of 2D/3D imaging.

Current Employee - Senior Computer Vision Specialist in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Senior Computer Vision Specialist in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The facilities and work environment are very conducive to thought, problem-solving, collaboration and productivity. Everyone I interact with is genuinely happy to be here, bright, and they bring something of value to the table in every conversation. We work on technologies/products/services that positively impact people's lives. Apple has been moving in the right direction ever since Mac OS X: Mach-O, Xcode, iTunes, iPod/iPhone - the list keeps growing...

Cons

Haven't found one, so far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Apple Retail

I worked at Apple

Pros

Great company culture, excellent reputation. Lot of opportunities to work with intelligent people and interesting customers. Excellent training for certain positions.

Cons

Unclear career path for retail employees. Office politics and gossip are prevalent in most retail environments. Management often unfamiliar with culture/products.

Advice to Management

Hire people who understand the culture and products already, and retain the people that embody those ideals. Offer continuous education and allow employees to take advantage of the program.

Not all it's cracked up to be

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Apple

Pros

There is a certain recognition you receive when others hear you work for Apple with it being the high flyer in the industry. There is some flexibility in the hours as long as you get your work done.

Cons

Ivory tower management that tends to be in the way more than helping. They often make decisions that the people who do the work don't understand and hurts productivity. After cutting down benefits quite a bit during the lean years (mid 90's), has done nothing to bring any of them back now that we are making a killing.

Advice to Management

Middle management is creating a bureaucratic nightmare. How about holding team meetings where you listen to us and instead of us listening to you?