Perfect company

Current Contractor - Developer in Istanbul (Turkey)
Current Contractor - Developer in Istanbul (Turkey)

I have been working at Apple as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good environment, decent salaries and nice people

Cons

I can not say any

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

You'll get brainwashed and will be treated like someone with no rights or opinions.

Former Employee - Product Specialist in Cork (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Product Specialist in Cork (Ireland)

I worked at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary was really good, but it took me some time to see that money won't buy happiness and contentment.

Cons

Management is horrific and utterly unprofessional Employees are not being taken care of (I worked every(!!!) single weekend for over one year, plus late shifts for 4 months consecutively) Employees are treated as cash cows (see above) No loyalty whatsoever Two of my managers threatened me with termination for no decent reason and told me my leisure time would get hold off my job which needed to be talked about (WTF) Area managers somewhat unprofessional and narrow minded Career opportunities only given when crawling into other manager's backside. ... This list is actually barely exhaustive.

Advice to Management

Not necessary as nobody will listen anyway.

Overworked, Underappreciated

Current Employee - Specialist in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Specialist in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to tell people you worked for Apple. It does look good on a resume. You'll get some discounts on some cool products and possibly be able to go to Cupertino (if they REALLY like you)

Cons

Too many to list. This job really isn't worth it. You are treated terribly by customers AND management. Managers are more concerned with their bonuses than anything else. They are very metrics driven and you must meet your sales targets or else you will never move anywhere else in the company. If you aren't hitting sales targets you'll be harassed daily. The management will flat-out lie to you about things and are excellent manipulators. You have zero work-life balance and you will not be able to choose your days off. You have to work throughout August and December as they are "black out periods" and you will never get inside information about products or upcoming releases. They are VERY strict about the way you speak or conduct yourself while on the sales floor. If you say something they deem to be out of line you will be reprimanded. They love to use the whole "we're forward this offence to HR" line just to scare you. Management are bullies, plain and simple.

Advice to Management

Don't treat us so terribly. We're not your slaves and your bonuses aren't as important as our wellbeing.