Apple

www.apple.com
  www.apple.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

If you have a REAL (not a call center) job at Apple it is Awesome!! Worked both clear difference!!

Current Employee - Applecare Advisor in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Applecare Advisor in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT environment to work in (unless you work in AppleCare). Positive Management, talented engineering, very talented people working in Cupertino and Austin. If your job is outside the call center it is a GREAT place to work.

Cons

Upward mobility just isn't there and if it is it isn't based on talent. Don't think you can work your way up, go get the skills, work somewhere else then come in at the position you want. Talented people tend to stagnate. Avoid working in the call center (AppleCare), it's a call center no different than the others: promotions are still customer service positions. Worked there 3 years only 11 promotions from inside the call center to outside of it, however hundreds of promotions to other customer service positions. If your a tech that wants to do help desk that is less technical and more customer service then the job is perfect! Got out of the call center after 3 years and a Ph.D Totally different company than in the call center.

Please represent the call center jobs as what they are Customer Service very little technical knowledge required. A contributor to high turnover is due to the job being horribly misrepresented it is not technical support it is customer service.

4000 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Best retail in existence, ... But still RETAIL.

Current Employee - Specialist in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Specialist in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- $15 hr
    - training
    - 12 days vacation; 6 days sick time
    - 25% discounts (1 time a yr); 15% for family: $500 off Mac OR $250 off iPhone (unlocked only) or iPad EVERY 3 YEARS.
    - weird benefits like public transportation reimbursement; gym membership reimbursement; tuition reimbursement; stock options; 401k
    - this is exactly the job I needed at my point in life- something I loved; something I was good at.

Cons

- management too worried about themselves. There is no growth. All lies just to keep you motivated to keep doing well so they capitalize off your talents while they do nothing. 30% of my store ( and long term tenured ) left in the course of 3 months or so.
    - terrible scheduling
    - bad quality of life
    - never two days off in a row.

I worked hard for two years straight and simply ran out of juice and patience. They sucked it right outta me. I never wanted to HAVE to quit!

Get over yourself. You're not creating these products, your supervise the break charts of the people who sell the crap outta them. Start being humans, and servant leaders. Not corporate robots running your retails sales sweatshop.

Retail is a lost cause.

Current Employee - Retail Slave in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Slave in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Apple looks great on a resume, decent discount, free pro software.

Cons

Lack of encouragement, opportunities and respect for my talents.

You are losing people who love this company. This includes retail employees. We get no opportunities to grow, lack of respect, horrific pay. It's a shame. You refuse to hire people when the store is overly crowded, you give us way more tasks/responsibilities than ever before with the same pay.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple