Apple
3.9 of 5 3,436 reviews
www.apple.com Cupertino, CA 5000+ Employees

If you have a REAL (not a call center) job at Apple it is Awesome!! Worked both clear difference!!

Applecare Advisor (Current Employee)
Cupertino, CA

ProsGREAT, GREAT, GREAT environment to work in (unless you work in AppleCare). Positive Management, talented engineering, very talented people working in Cupertino and Austin. If your job is outside the call center it is a GREAT place to work.

ConsUpward mobility just isn't there and if it is it isn't based on talent. Don't think you can work your way up, go get the skills, work somewhere else then come in at the position you want. Talented people tend to stagnate. Avoid working in the call center (AppleCare), it's a call center no different than the others: promotions are still customer service positions. Worked there 3 years only 11 promotions from inside the call center to outside of it, however hundreds of promotions to other customer service positions. If your a tech that wants to do help desk that is less technical and more customer service then the job is perfect! Got out of the call center after 3 years and a Ph.D Totally different company than in the call center.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease represent the call center jobs as what they are Customer Service very little technical knowledge required. A contributor to high turnover is due to the job being horribly misrepresented it is not technical support it is customer service.

Great place to work; but the pay sucks!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

I worked at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great energy, great morale, great products, smart folks work here. Cons: The pay sucks unless you are in Executive Management or are a software engineer. You will starve to death unless you are in one of… Advice to Senior Management: Pay us more! We work our ass of for you! More

choose your manager and group properly

Physical Design Engineer (Former Employee)
    Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple full-time

Pros: Managers encourage innovation and filing patents. Top performers are paid very well. Good place… Cons: Not all groups are the same at Apple.......... physical design group grew quickly in the past few years in terms of projects and people, and… Advice to Senior Management: Middle management has to learn to manage people and resources professionally and properly. Most people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees.